This Resort is the reason I wanted to sign on to TripAdvisor!!
I wanted to say that this resort about a two hour drive for us, was the perfect weekend destination, with the right amount of relaxation.
I just wanted to spend some time together and go for walks, have some wine, but also just do a bit of nothing!
I really like the quaint feel of historical buildings and the view was awesome, and being a summer person I can't wait to go back in the warmer months.
We got a package deal that included a cooking class with Chef Ken. That part was really cool, simply because it was different and just something I clearly would not normally do with my husband!!!! But it was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 40 minutes north of Peterborough, Viamede is nestled in the woods on the north shore of Stoney Lake, one of Ontario's most beautiful lakes. Our resort facilities are well suited to both relaxation and adventure. Explore the 165 acres of nature that Viamede offers by hiking our 6 km of private nature trails or canoeing the islands of beautiful Stoney Lake. Enjoy an evening barbecuing on your private patio or join us at the Boathouse Pub for live music, great food and cold craft beers for summer time fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Viamede Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viamede Hotel North Kawartha
- Viamede Resort Ontario/North Kawartha, Canada