“Escape the right way!”

and 1 more site!
Viamede Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Kawartha
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This Resort is the reason I wanted to sign on to TripAdvisor!!
I wanted to say that this resort about a two hour drive for us, was the perfect weekend destination, with the right amount of relaxation.
I just wanted to spend some time together and go for walks, have some wine, but also just do a bit of nothing!
I really like the quaint feel of historical buildings and the view was awesome, and being a summer person I can't wait to go back in the warmer months.

We got a package deal that included a cooking class with Chef Ken. That part was really cool, simply because it was different and just something I clearly would not normally do with my husband!!!! But it was great.

Room Tip: Second Floor over looking the water/frozen lake!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Julie W,

It's actually touching that our resort lead you to create an account, and I'm happy to hear that you had a good time.

If you're planning to come back in the summer, please send me a direct e-mail, and we'll get you an upgrade.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This Resort was recommended by a close friend, during my search for a location that would provide a serene and relaxing atmosphere for a couples getaway. From the start of the process I was met with frustration and disappointment, as follows:

- Website: Initially appears "user-friendly", but the bottom half of the web page looks cut-off. This is where the detatiled information is to appear re: the(info) menu selection. Using the scroll bar, you feel as if you are still not having intact information presented.

-"1-800" number: Identified as the Reservation Line. The line continued to ring, never being re-directed to an answering service or information line. Back to the website to locate a second contact number; this time answered right away.
I indicated/apologized that I may have the wrong extension, but had tried the reservation line, explaining the issue. The response was "oh it probably just went to the answering machine." I clarified again- no answering or info service on that line, to which I was told"yah it rings a long time.. anyway what can I do for you?" She presented herself as a Representative very disinterested in assisting with my booking.

- Making the reservation: I indicated the dates and couples package I was interested in. The individual curtly responded that the Resort is always closed , in the Winter, from Sunday-Tuesday.
I clarified that this restriction was in place even during the up-coming March Break and received the one word response of "yep". This information did not appear on the website, as I would have turned my efforts elsewhere rather than proceed.

It is unfortunate that the Resort Customer Service Representative answering the phone that day was not cognizant that a 5 min. conversation can greatly alter the desirability of a location, that might actually have the potential to provide couples with the escape they are looking for from lifes hectic bussle.
-M.G.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MG739
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear M.G,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is true that the resort is closed midweeks in the winter, but I do not know why this was not communicated in a more friendly way.

If you would like, you could e-mail me at ben@viamede.com, I would like to get some more information from you to help us improve for the future.

Thank you again for your comments, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were able to take advantage of a winter special and could not have been happier with our experience. We could have done all sorts of activities like snowshoeing and cross country skiing, but we were there to just totally relax, sleep, read. The only thing we really did was feed the deer who were right at the front door.
As it was early January there were very few guests and we could not believe how beautifully peaceful and quiet it was.
The dining room is beautiful with a huge stone fireplace and overlooking the lake. The meals were positively delicious and perfectly served.
Our room was large, with a view of the lake. It had an offset sitting area with a comfy loveseat, TV and desk. We could also have borrowed DVDs at the front desk if we wished. There was a table and chairs and a small fridge.
In the bathroom there was a huge tub with jets, but there was also a regular hottub just down the hall which we really enjoyed. Again, the silence and peace was just beautiful.
We will definitely be returning to stay in the future and hopefully make the occasional trip just to enjoy the fine cuisine.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank onvoyage_3

Dear onvoyage_3,

Thank you for your comments. Winter is my favourite time for guests - a nice fire, quiet and a fantastic view.

We hope we see you again in the summer.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at Viamede this past weekend (November 23-25) and was originally booked into a nice quite room. I experienced some issues with the fireplace and the staff was both quick and curteous in rectifying my issues. They turned an okay weekend into a weekend I won't forget just by being kind and taking customer service to a level beyond that which most hotels operate with. Thank you, Viamede and I will be returning as well as recommending your property to friends, family and business associates looking for a wonderful getaway.

Room Tip: room 314!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Brent P,

Thank you for your comments. I agree that 314 is a great room.

I'm happy to hear that our team took care of everything you need.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This review is long overdue: we stayed Nov 2011! At 1st we were in a "deluxe" room, not in main building. Very clean, but not much bigger than a hotel room and lacking character. Although these rooms boast fabulous lake views, if leaves were still on the trees we would've had NO lake view, and it was very obstructed by tree trunks. Next day we upgraded to the honeymoon suite on east end, and almost never wanted to leave our suite again!! Now THAT was more like it, in so many ways! Fantastic suite, view, atmosphere, etc. Meals were good, but wasn't overly impressed by Inn at Mount Julian ... a few gaffes there. The grounds/trails were beautiful, and the resort staff truly helpful and nice. Won't include this next bit as part of overall property rating, but must mention that the Spa owner really pissed us off by sneaking in 2 massages that pushed ours back by 45 minutes, and thought a last-minute call to our house back in the city (???) would suffice, rather than contact us at the resort. Said she contacted front desk, which front desk denied; she then insisted that she didn't know if we were at the resort (??) which doesn't seem plausible as we provided no credit card number at time of spa booking (a perk granted to resort guests). Don't let this sour you from the resort, though! It must be soooo much fun in summer!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 22getaway
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear 22getaway,

Thank you very much for your review, long overdue as it may be. We certainly have tweaked some systems.

We would love to have you back sometime soon. Please call me at your convenience to discuss a complimentary upgrade on a nice winter weekend, perhaps even with an art class.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My group planed a getaway for the 30 of us and we had a fantastic stay. The food was great, the staff were wonderful, and our room had great beds, a jacuzzi tub and a wood burning fire place. We also had the view of a lake. There were great hiking trails there too and lots of wonderful memories were made. Thanks Viamede resort for making this event a fantastic experience for all of us!

Room Tip: The hilltop rooms were absolutely lovely!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Lydia,

Thank you very much for your comments. Your group certainly was a lot of fun to host!

I hope that we get to see you soon individually, and hopefully next year!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Winter hideaway

My husband and I had a marvelous three day stay at the Lodge early October 2012. Everyone was extremely professional and courteous in every aspect, our stay was everything one would dream of having. The chef is fabulous, the evening meal is first class. Special thanks to Kathleen, she served us our wonderful breakfast each morning and helped start our day off in a positive note. We will be back as soon as time allows

Room Tip: The corner room on the 2nd floor has a fabulous view of the lake
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leela147265

Dear Leela,

Thank you very much for your comments. I have passed your comments along to Kathleen, as well as the kitchen.

I hope to see you soon!

#1 of 2 in Keene
Burleigh Falls Inn
Burleigh Falls Inn
#1 of 1 in Burleigh Falls

Been to Viamede Resort? Share your experiences!