“Our winter get away at the Lodge”
Review of Viamede Resort

and 1 more site!
Viamede Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Kawartha
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Winter hideaway

My husband and I had a marvelous three day stay at the Lodge early October 2012. Everyone was extremely professional and courteous in every aspect, our stay was everything one would dream of having. The chef is fabulous, the evening meal is first class. Special thanks to Kathleen, she served us our wonderful breakfast each morning and helped start our day off in a positive note. We will be back as soon as time allows

Room Tip: The corner room on the 2nd floor has a fabulous view of the lake
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leela147265
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Leela,

Thank you very much for your comments. I have passed your comments along to Kathleen, as well as the kitchen.

I hope to see you soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We booked a two night stay and were in a king suite, room 314 in the hilltop area. Our room was fantastic! Large separated king room with a jacuzzi tub, gas fireplace and two decks off the room. We got married here in 2000 and this is our first time back but it won't be our last. We enjoyed the hiking trails and other facilities. We will be back in the Winter to enjoy the skidoo trails connected easily to the resort. Our room had a fridge and microwave which was handy.

We attended a corporate event in the main dining room and the food was phenomenal. I have a dairy allergy and every course the waitress put in front of me she said this is dairy free. Very important when you have an allergy but I have never had the confirmation at every course and it was much appreciated.

We will be back and thanks for the fantastic service from beginning to end.

Room Tip: The view of the lake from our Hilltop room was good because the leaves were gone. If I was staying h...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear eatondog,

Thank you very much for your comments. I will second your suggestion on booking a lakefront view in the summer, but in the late fall and winter, it's certainly a nice perk with those suites to have the view.

I hope that you picked up the $50 gift card we handed out to the guests at your event, and I look forward to seeing you again this winter.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I haven't stayed at the hotel, so this review is for the restaurant. The restaurant on the Viamede property called the Inn at Mt. Julian is really excellent. They have a new chef this year, and his menu is creative and delicious. Very nice dining room in an old building with lots of charm but not like your grandmother's livingroom. Tables by the windows have a lovely view of the lake. We will be back for the wonderful food.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank JJW1963
ViamedeResort, Owner at Viamede Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Hi JJW1963,

I'm glad t hear you had a great time at dinner. We are very proud of Stuart and the magic he works at the Inn.

Please get in touch with me at ben@viamede.com and we can see about getting you something towards staying over next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family, uncle and grandfather spent the weekend at Viamede. It was beautiful. We brought our dog- a very nice yellow lab- and stayed in the dog friendly room. Although the weather was cold and rainly we had a lot of fun. On Saturday morning we went on a nature hike. The guide was terrific and everyone learned so much. We spent the afteroon playing golf frisbee in the woods. I understand this is a new activity for Viamede!! The breakfast buffet was terrific as was the pub fare and food at the restaurant. The staff were very helpful to all our needs.

The only suggestons we had would be to adjust the timers for the outdoor lights outside the inn rooms to go on a bit earlier. It is very dark at night. And to brush away the dirt and dead bugs on them so they shine brighter.

Room Tip: My 90 year old grandfather needed a room that was easy to access. Although this was not provided in...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Hi Zac S,

Thank you for your comments! I agree with you about your dog - you're lucky we didn't keep him as a deposit on your next stay!

Martin, the guide for the nature walks, really is excellent, and we're excited to have him for it.

I have asked our maintenance team to adjust the timers and clear the lights off.

I'm glad to hear you had a great time, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Spent three days with my guild there as a retreat, had a great time, the food was good but the menu was exactly the same as our retreat last year. I think they could have tried a little harder to be inventive.

There was not enough table service staff, it took a long time for everyone to get their meal, we had finished eating before others on our table were served.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank IreneA47

Hi IreneA47,

Thank you for your comments. I'm happy that you had a good time at your retreat. As you know, there were some logistics of your group to be overcome the first day, but I think we have the service style streamlined for next year.

I look forward to seeing you next fall!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The good: most staff (esp the young guy who runs the watersports shack), the scenery, the dinner (AMAZING!!!), bedding is lovely.....

The not as good: "luxury" cottages are fairly rustic (bring your own blowdryer), only half the number of towels for the number of guests, more lighting needed to feel safe walking between buildings at night, the bartender (she didn't like to make eye contact even when she didn't have customers and rarely if ever wiped down the sticky, drippy bar), breakfast brunch the second morning wasn't half as good as the first morning.

This is a beautiful location with a lot of amenities but overall, needs some TLC and a little more attention to detail. Thanks for a lovely weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Lovineachday,

Thank you very much for your great comments. We are always working on the details, and always appreciate comments like this from guests. I have passed along your comments to Blake, who would have been in the marina.

It sounds to me like you had a good time, but I will certainly look into your comments.

Thank you again.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Viamede resort was without a doubt the worst place I've vacationed in.

We took a 2 bed room "cottage" which turned out to be a complete dump. The room looks as if it wasn't renovated for the past 50 years. We couldn't sleep because of the dust and even the doors were so old I feared that I'll be left with the handle in my hand.

Oh yeah, and a few rednecks were shouting throughout the night. What a disaster!

If you were thinking about taking your family there I would strongly suggest reconsidering. You're in for a very bad surprise.

Room Tip: Just find another place to go to.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Keene
Burleigh Falls Inn
Burleigh Falls Inn
#1 of 1 in Burleigh Falls

Been to Viamede Resort? Share your experiences!