The Viamede Resort was a few hours away from Toronto. There was a main hotel, and cottages, and we stayed in a room in a seperate building next to the Resort. The room was much bigger than we expected, two seperate rooms, a living room with fireplace, tv and fridge and microwave, and a room with a king size bed and fireplace and jacuzzi. The view was very pretty overlooking the lake which was frozen over. The only thing we didn't like was the roof is in bad need of repair and there was tar all over our balcony. The resort gave us a good rate, obviously because they had very few guests. The only minus is that they made us book a reservation at The Inn restaurant and we had to pay for our dinner. We would have liked a choice as they have three places we could have eaten. The wine was way overpriced and the service was a little slow. The food was well presented. My husband ordered the duck and got beef and did not want to make a fuss so we just enjoyed our meal. The only thing the hotel lacked was an indoor pool, we wanted to book for the summer but it is way over priced you can get a cottage somewhere else for less. If you choose to visit the Resort a recommendation would be to stay for two nights which we could not afford, so you can see some of the walking trails. If it does have bad weather there is really not anything to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 40 minutes north of Peterborough, Viamede is nestled in the woods on the north shore of Stoney Lake, one of Ontario's most beautiful lakes. Our resort facilities are well suited to both relaxation and adventure. Explore the 165 acres of nature that Viamede offers by hiking our 6 km of private nature trails or canoeing the islands of beautiful Stoney Lake. Enjoy an evening barbecuing on your private patio or join us at the Boathouse Pub for live music, great food and cold craft beers for summer time fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Viamede Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viamede Hotel North Kawartha
- Viamede Resort Ontario/North Kawartha, Canada