“Amazing trip”

171 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 199 helpful votes
“Amazing trip”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Some people on the boat had gone on the husky trip in Tromso - and they were critical about the set-up. We needn't have worried - the Kirkenes husky tours are superb. We were driven from the boat, arrived at the centre to be met by a group of friendly guides. They provide all the necessary clothing - we climbed into the one piece snow suits, got onto the sledge and went off. It was a brilliant experience, it's tough if you have a bad back as the terrain is somewhat bumpy !
The landscape is beautiful, endless snow, a frozen fjord, enthusiastic dogs and a friendly musher who explained how the dogs are trained, how they are kept.
The dogs are friendly, at the end of the trip we had a hot drink and went to see the reindreers at the nearby park. If you have time, visit the ice hotel.

Visited December 2013
5 Thank ACL3112

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unforgettable experience”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My family and I had a lovely morning with this husky trip: friendly guides and other staff, wonderful scenery, and adorable dogs (writes somebody who's normally a bit scared of dogs!) that enjoy running and are well cared for.
I drove my own slegde, which was really enjoyable and worth giving a go for everybody keen and in reasonable physical condition. The instruction given was very clear.
We were in a small group, which added to the experience. If I'd ever get back to Kirkenes, I'd book with this company again.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank EvR_UK
Pearland, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Dog sledding Adventure”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a great time on the sledding route. We were the only two on the adventure that morning. It was like we had our own private tour. I even got to drive the sled for a short while.

If you are staying in town or on a Hurtigurten cruise I would definitely book this!!

5 Thank Sousterson
melbourne
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“What's not to like? Loved it!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I admit we were blessed with a sunny day even if it was minus 22 Celsius but the 2 hour trip (i picked the option with no meal included) was really a longer experience. We were picked up at our hotel and driven to the husky farm, basically where the dogs live, where we were kitted out with warm gear. Getting the dog teams ready is a noisy, fun atmosphere. Off you go on a fun ride, lovely scenery, stop on the way for a warm berry drink. Back at base, you can look around the kennels, pet the dogs I'd you like. The young staff are eager to answer any questions and we even snuck in a look at the snow hotel while there. My husband went on the longer 4 hour night ride and drove his own team of dogs all the way. He was absolutely exhausted but thought it was the highlight of the trip. I would imagine that your degree of enjoyment of this great experience is really weather dependent. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank barnster
Perth, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Husking at its best”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Amazing trip, from being picked up of the Hurtigruten boat, and driven out to Sollia Gjestegard, and then husking for a two hours through beautiful scenery, nothing was rushed, you could enjoy the beautiful dogs, spend time reflecting on the scenery and then finishing off with a beautiful soup and the best bread I have ever tasted. This trip was arranged over the internet, with us making numerous changes in our bookings, and each time was answered quickly and efficiently, I cannot recommend or praise this company enough. Thank -you for a majical experience

Visited February 2013