“Nice meal ”

Ranked #26 of 206 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

Visited here on a Friday night and it was heaving. Had a drink while we waited and got a table about 15-20 minutes in. No problem as on holiday!!

Service was good and food nice. I had scallops for starter, delish and husband had fish soup which was good too. Mains were prawns (too salty for my liking, husband had stew which came in its own pot and was served at the table.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,684)

Reviewed September 11, 2016

Ok,important to start by saying I have visited this restaurant on two previous occassions and had an enjoyable evening, however not so on this occassion.

I ordered tomato soup with croutons for starters which duly arrived lukewarm, without the croutons, and a large dessert spoon. I'm sorry but surely an establishment such as this knows the difference between a soup spoon and a dessert spoon!

For main course I ordered the sliced fillet steak medium rare with creamed spinach. The steak arrived and i could not believe what I was looking at. The steak was certainly not a sliced fillet. It appeared and tasted like cheap frying steak. It was overcooked and had absolutely none of the flavour that a fillet is renowned for.

The creamed spinach did not arrive with the main course. When we notified the un-attentive waitress, it was brought out and lacked any flavour. It was very disappointing.

I have to say, I was extremely disappointed especially given the fact I had eaten here before and was expecting so much more. My wife told me to send back my main course but by this stage what was the point!

I fully expected the waitress to ask ho our meal was at which point I would tell all! However, not once did she come to the table to ask if everything was ok. This was the tipping point for me as within minutes of giving the table beside us there starter she "checked" in with them to ask how everything was.

Obviously we were not special enough, so we gave the dessert a miss, and left extremely disappointed with our dining experience.

4  Thank REDBIRD79
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

We had a nice spot next to the Marina outside but luckily they had space for our party. A nice varied selection of food on the menu to suit all and around the normal local price compared to the nearby restaurants. Staff very friendly and food came out at a reasonable pace.

Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

Had an excellent dinner last night. Monkfish and jumbo shrimp skewers were fantastic followed by delicious apple and cinnamon tart. All washed down by a local chilled white wine and I mean chilled! A great start to our holiday!

Reviewed September 8, 2016

I agree with other reviewers this should be No1 in Vilamoura
fantastic choice of both local and international dishes served either on a deck or in the restaurant overlooking Vilamoura Marina
Great value for lunch. three course lunch with drinks for 2 was 72 Euros
Will certainly be back when next in Vilamoura