“Excellent, try the salt cod casserole, epic !”

Restaurante Akvavit
Ranked #13 of 194 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hard to fault this place, great location on the Marina, weather was raining outside so the deck not working but we were seated (without reservation but would recommend you make one) quickly at a window table.
Had the gravadlax starter, excellent but wish i hadn't as there was so much and i struggled with my main course ! I had the salted cod casserole, really really good. My wife had the grilled sea-bass which was cooked perfectly and came with saute potatoes.
Service was excellent, in the 4 days we were in Vilamoura it was by far the best restaurant we ate at. Would definitely come back !

1  Thank Zoom6562
There are newer reviews for Restaurante Akvavit

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This restaurant has a great atmosphere. The location on the marina with the possibility to sit on the deck is perfect. My family love this restaurant as it offers a selection of food to suit everyone. The staff always makes you feel important and are very professional

Reviewed March 14, 2013

For may years this restaurant as been number 1 of my choice in the Marina,for lunch or an Evening meal.
The service as always been good and also the food.

I have found in the last few years from 2010 a decline in service and quality of food...

This seems to ne the norm for the Marina in recent times, dont rest on the good times Akvavit you used to be the best.

Now i would say 2012 average at best....

Improve your staff and quality of food, as your prices are creeping up and up???

8  Thank Pierre H
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We ate here in the afternoon so the atomsphere was just ok.food was excellent but expensive compared to other restaurants

1  Thank marley20
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Finally had dinner here, after eyeing this restaurant up on previous visits to Vilamoura. Very stylish interior- nice bar area and quality finishes. My husband had the Portuguese stew which was large enough for 2 people. I had the Indian style prawn curry which was nice but a little sweet for my liking. The wine by the glass was excellent and reasonable at 3.50 euro a glass. It was really quiet as it was out of season so the service was extremely attentive. I'd like to try this is summer and sit out on the decked area.