I have just returned from a 2 week stay at As Cascatas with my husband, son, his wife, and their children aged 7 Years and 15 months. We stayed in a 2 bed apartment which was very nice and reasonably equipped. Servicing the apartment was difficult for the staff because of the youngests sleep routine. However, on several occasions when the apartment had been serviced insufficient towels were left - not a good discovery when you have already got into the shower! Although the kitchen was well equipped with white goods, there were no tea towels to dry the toddlers bottles, cups and dishes that could not be put into the dishwasher. Initially, kitchen towels were supplied but that stopped half way through our stay. Other small niggles were that under the beds were filthy - only discovered this when looking for an earring. The bin in the shower room was broken and clattered every time you used it! Although there is a washing machine in the kitchen there is nowhere to hang clothes to dry (who wants to use the dryer in that sunshine - and what a waste of electricity!) and instructions state that you must not hang clothes on the balcony.
On 4 consecutive days the adult swimming pool had to be closed because someone had done a poo in it!
I found the staff on reception less than helpful, in fact on occasions bordering on rude.
On the positive the grounds were beautifully kept and a credit to the establishment. The pool area was also well kept. Paradise Island was rather expensive unless you stayed with your child. My granddaughter thoroughly enjoyed herself there, especially the zip wire!
Although the food was excellent it was a bit pricey.
The write-up states that there is a shuttle bus but this does get very busy and the queues quite lengthy. The pool bar closes at 5.30 which I felt was a little early. They had also run out of ice-cream and weren't planning on restocking as they were coming to the end of the season - a big disappointment for the children!
Nice - but I prefer the Four Seasons!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5-star Suite complex is located in Vilamoura, with the Largest and most Luxury Suites in Vilamoura, within a unique resort set in five hectares of gardens, featuring three onsite restaurants, bars, kids club, six pools, a semi-indoor pool, Golf simulator, fitness centre, tennis and occasional live entertainment. Enjoy all the homely comforts in your Suite while having access to the service and facilities provided by one of the world’s leading luxury international hotel chains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- As Cascatas Hotel
- As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve