“good home-cooking served by wonderful staff!”

O Colonial Restaurante
Ranked #49 of 194 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Asker, Norway
“good home-cooking served by wonderful staff!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

One of the few restaurants that dont run after you with their flyers, thank goodness! Instead you get a lovely personal experience and delicious home-cooking. Loved this restaurant. A proper genuine Portugese restaurant in touristy Vilamoura.The owners really care about their guests and they are just the best. Highly recommend! Great personal service from their young waiter too. OBRIGADO!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely and Welcoming”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We tried this restaurant thanks previous tripadvisor reviews and are so glad we did.
The food ambience and service couldn't be faulted.
I had the piri-piri chicken, it was perfectly seasoned, moist and a generous portion. I simply wish I hadn't eaten a large lunch that day so that I could have finished it off. However, it was very refreshing to be asked if anything was wrong by the hostess when she saw I had left some. Clearly the owners care about their customers.
We will definitely return on our next trip.

• Visited October 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

2 people in the party were disappoined the other 2 enjoyed their food. The 2 who enjoyed had a vegetable cataplana for one and a chicken piri peri for one this was made with chicken breast and was great value for money as was the veg cataplana. Unfortunately the fish cataplana was terrible. Every mouthful was full of bones. I appreciate some bones in fish, as I don't eat chicken or red meat, but not every one. As there were so many bones I couldn't eat it. I imagine the fish cataplana would be like this everywhere

Visited December 2012
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Freshly cooked,great food-reasonably priced”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Must visit for freshly cooked,great food.Friendly family restaurant,very welcoming.
My husband and I have been back many times and have never been disappointed.
Thank you to Fernando & Isabella for looking after us so well.

• Visited September 2012
Tampa, Florida
“another two-visit place...”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Again, read the excellent reviews of O Colonial and again, two different visits because we loved it so much. The owners are such gracious hosts and literally dote on you during your dinner. Algarve cataplana to die for!!!!
Thanks you Fernando and Isabella!!

• Visited December 2012