“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Lamparo

Il Lamparo
Ranked #18 of 187 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Recently dined here for dinner whilst in Vilamoura and had a rally good traditional Italian meal. The best aspect to this restaurant is definitely the food.. Pure Italian cuisine at its best - the goats cheese salad was particularly impressive and left me craving for more!

The service itself could probably improve a bit as we found the staff to be efficient but a little "cold".

Price wise - it's definitely not cheap, but then again most of the restaurants along the Marina are over priced when compared to other Portuguese restaurants.

Would I recommend and return ? Absolutely !!!

York
“Romantic Celebration on the Decking”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My girlfriend received notification of a new job promotion while we were away on holiday. So we went for a romantic meal at Il Lamparo. Then seated us on the decking and knowing we were celebrating gave us a complimentary tasting dish for a starter. Which was ravioli and scallops in a creamy sauce.

The staff were exceptionally attentive and everything seemed like a pleasure.

I had veal steak which was amazing and my girlfriend had linguini.

It was a wonderful romantic evening on the decking with excellent staff and delicious food.

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Popular and I can see why”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I went here with my girlfriend on the final night of our stay having seen how busy it always was in the evening compared to other restaurants and we were not disappointed. Good wine recommendation. Pizzas excellent. Seabass was perfectly cooked with minimal flavouring so the freshness of the fish could be tasted and served with good sides. Desserts were fantastic especially compared to the experiences we had with desserts in some other places. Generous dessert portions which could easily feed two. Amazing tiramisu but I could not finish the large slice I was given! The cheese selection could have been for 3 people. A great evening, great location and great view with attentive staff. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2012
El Dorado Hills, California
“Great italian at the Marina”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great meal and service during our stay. Sat on the patio overlooking the marina. Ambiance was great, food also good. Quite a diverse menu - and the staff was very helpful and attentive. I would absolutely go back. It is also quite reasonable. A must try if you are in the Vilamoura area.

• Visited October 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent , well worth a repeat visit.”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We ate on the deck over the marina , a lovely location.
Staff are extremely friendly , helpful , funny and really care about making your eating experience worthwhile.
The amuse-bouche provided as part of your cover charge is so good and extensive that unless you're really hungry you don't even need a starter !
All my friends thoroughly enjoyed their food. I ordered prawn risotto which was superb ... one of the tastiest risottos I've eaten in a restaurant.
House wine is very quaffable for the low price charged.
Highly recommended , I'm definitely returning !