We stayed at the Hilton for three nights as part of our honeymoon around Portugal. Man! This place was awesome upon arriving at the hotel. Here are the pros and cons:
- Extremely clean and new (built in 2007) and very modern
- Excellent staff and service - they really go out of their way to make you feel special
- Rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable - we were in the 1bdr suite, and the room had separate showers and tub. A washer/dryer, full kitchen, fridge, cooking utensils, etc. was also part of the room (had a balcony with tables and chairs too).
- Restaurant and bar - the buffet is amazing - they change it up every night. We were there two of the three nights and was very impressed both times! Breakfast (free) is served in there too - simply amazing with tons of food and choices. Stuff is even labeled with nutritional guides. As for the bar, very nice ambiance; the pool side bar also offers food and drinks - very very tasty mixed drinks and cocktails. Try the mojito for example - one of the best I've had.
- Spa - a must do - very reasonably priced, good facility, connected to the hotel, and good value for the various services. Our 1 hr treatment for massage, facial, and swedish shower only costed 75 euros. Otherwise, you'll have to pay 35 euros to only use the facility - better off getting something done there first.
- pool - I think there are five different pools - ranging from the kiddy pools to the large general pool to an adult only pool. indoors and out, lots of choices. Go to them all!
- Parking - indoor underground parking is free! Tons of space and easy to use
- Other hotel amenities - hotel also has a snooker table and a gift shop
- Private beach - Hilton has their own beach, what's there to complain about? :)
- Fitness center - descent size with everything you need
- location: slightly off away from the action, but I actually like it. It's about a 15-20 min walk to the marina area or you can always take the shuttle. I recommend renting a car since that's the best way to see the Algarve
- pool: can get pretty crowded on Saturday. We didn't see that many kids except for Saturday afternoon, but that's expected even in early September. It didn't bother me though.
- Hours: pool hours are relatively short (9 am to 8 pm)? Something like that. Hotel gift shop closes at 6 or 7 pm too - very early.
- Shuttle: we had a car, but we did see a lot of people waiting in line - but then again, better than not having a shuttle
Other than that, this is an amazing hotel. I highly recommend you staying here during your trip to the Algarve or Vilamoura.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal's finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Hilton EMEA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Portugal - Algarve