“Hilton Vilamoura!”

Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Vilamoura
Reviewed May 9, 2014

What can i say ... A 5* hotel with 5* star service.

Stayed here with friends for a few days in april. The hotel has a wow factor upon arrival. The lobby and pool area is exceptional.

The reception staff were friendly very helpful, quick and efficent on Check in & Check out. All other staff came across polite, very professional and attentive. I must mention Arthur who was outside at the Pool Bar. He was Fantastic. He greeted me and my friends every morning with a smile and was very pleasant throughout our stay.

The rooms were BEAUTIFUL. gorgeous glass partition from the room to the bathroom. Great size balcony. Robes and Slippers provided, great touch. We did pay for an upgrade to a Golf View room and we notice that some rooms with the same view had a smaller balconies.

Breakfast was fabulous!! great selection and all you can eat. Chef in front of you cooking you certain items just the way you want them. Could not fault the breakfast one bit.

Overall a fabulous stay and i have already booked to go back again.

Room Tip: If you are not bothered about the size of the balcony then i wouldn't pay for an upgrade to a sp...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank TravelMonkey869
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and excellent rating on TripAdvisor.

I see you were wowed at arrival by the extensive lobby and pool areas and clearly impressed with the accommodations and breakfast as well. All this complemented by 5 star quality service from our friendly staff is surely what turned your holiday into an overall fabulous experience.

I’ve shared your review with Artur and he joins me in thanking you for acknowledging his efforts.

We are all thrilled you have already booked to come back again and hope you and your friends will become regular guests at our resort.

Dinis Pires

Write a ReviewReviews (2,726)

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I am currently staying in the Hilton Vilamoura. The hotel itself is very nice and has met our expectations.

We booked the hotel as a group of four but one person was unable to come due to a broken foot. When checking in we asked if it was possible to change our room to a triple room where we could all stay together but we were told that we would incur a further charge of 70 euros which we declined. We were then allocated two rooms on different floors so therefore one person would have to stay on their own. We asked if it was possible to have two rooms together or on the same floor but they said there was nothing they could do without us having to pay the additional charge of 70 euros.

After reading all the previous reviews on how great the customer service has been at this hotel we are very disappointed. We have stayed at many Hilton hotels in the past and have been very happy with the service but we would never choose to return to this hotel purely on the customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Cboy

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced with the room allocation at check in but was made aware that you were offered an apartment at no extra cost on the following day.

Although we didn’t provide a swift resolution to your situation, I trust that the two bedroom apartment was to your satisfaction and to some extent helped to make amends for your disappointment.

I regret that our customer service wasn’t our usual excellent standard that guests have come to expect and deserve but I believe this was an unfortunate oversight which will be promptly addressed with our staff members in our continuous commitment to consistently deliver quality service.

On the other hand, I’m very pleased you enjoyed the resort facilities and hope you will reconsider your decision not to return to the Hilton Vilamoura.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton in Vilamoura for our 10th wedding anniversary in August 2013.

We arrange a transfer from the airport with the excellent Yellow Fish transfers that I would highly recommend. A very efficient service - pick up both ways from/to the airport was hassle free. Friendly drivers and free wi-fi in the car!

Hilton very kindly upgraded our room and provided a bottle of fizz which got the stay off to a good start. The hotel has all the facilities you would expect from a large chain hotel. The breakfast was very good, the pool area is clean but the lack of beds / people reserving can be a problem.

The one draw back is the location which is a good 15-20 walk from the marina. The hotel does provide a shuttle bus but this gets very busy and stops quite early (around 9pm).

Room Tip: Stayed in a 3rd floor pool room view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for celebrating your 10th wedding anniversary with us last August and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased you enjoyed the room upgrade as well as the hotel facilities and service and would like to reassure you that we will be fine tuning our operation in anticipation of the upcoming summer months so that guests can have a relaxing experience and make the most of their holiday.

We thank you again for your feedback and hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Vilamoura this summer.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I got married in this hotel on the 2nd of May. I have no words to describe the quality of the service and the amazing experience from the moment we booked the event 1 year ago until my check-out last Sunday. The team (plus Sonia Cesar) anticipated my needs and made my day the BEST DAY!!! Thank you. The apartment was amazing in size and made my week ideal to welcome Guests and allow some space for the children, with a big balcony facing the swimming pool. I love this hotel, the staff, the care, the attention and genuine dedication. I will return and definitely will advise you to book your wedding here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
4  Thank Carla B
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this glowing review of your wedding experience which I’m sure you will remember and cherish for a lifetime. We are very honoured that you chose our resort for your wedding celebration and thrilled that you are recommending us to other travellers.

We are delighted you enjoyed every moment and felt that the team was there for you every step of the way. They are a very special bunch and we can always count on them to perform to the highest standards.

Sonia joins me in thanking you again for this 5* endorsement and we all hope to see you again on many more occasions.

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Wow, I cannot begin how nice this hotel is. We waited on arrival for hour until our room was ready but they upgraded us to a pool view 3rd floor for free. We had an amazing view. The staff are really friendly and so helpful day and night. Main shout out to ARTUR on the pool side and NELSON who works inside but drives shuttles and gets bikes ready for you. I would highly suggest you take out their electric bikes if you want to go to the marina cause their so fun to ride and you don't need to walk and they go up to like 25kmh! Really enjoyed my 4 night stay. Well worth the money. Still here at the moment drinking sex on the beach cocktail by the pool that Artur made for me. we went to most beaches and explored a lot including albufeira but vilamoura is still the best place.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ajayj1994

Dear Guest,

We can’t thank you enough for this glowing review of your recent stay at the Hilton Vilamoura. We are thrilled that you had such an amazing experience and your kind comments on the service and staff are very much appreciated.

Artur and Nelson join me in thanking you for acknowledging their efforts and we all hope to welcome you and your friends back again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed here during the first week of April. The resort was very quiet during the week and the weather was mixed but mainly good. We arranged transport directly from/to Faro airport with ‘Yellowfish’ (50 euro round trip) and can recommend them.

The rooms in the hotel are large and very clean with an excellent bathroom c/w shower and bath. The Wi-Fi was good and the Spa facilities were excellent, including the sauna and steam room. We stayed in a ‘golf view’ room which was on the east side of the hotel and got the morning sun. V quiet.

The quality of the Breakfasts was of a high standard as was the staff service. We had a bar meal on a couple of occasions in the evening which were also good.

The walk to the Marina takes 25 - 30 minutes. The hotel does have a mini bus run into the marina at 11:00 and 19:00 (while we were there) but taxis are cheap and plentiful, and the walk is quite pleasant with only a couple of main roads to cross.

It is a very nice hotel and a credit to the staff who work there.

We hope it won't be too long until we return!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and the wonderful endorsement on TripAdvisor.

I’m very pleased we succeeded in meeting your expectations, both in terms of the service as well as the resort amenities; in particular, the rooms, breakfast and spa.

I trust you returned home feeling relaxed and recharged and I hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights at beginning of May. The hotel is beautiful, the staff were beyond friendly. Every morning we were greeted by staff that wanted nothing more than to cater to our every need! Arthur, the pool barman was one of the loveliest men I have ever met! He genuinely wanted us to have the best experience we possibly could - and was definitely made a brilliant contribution to our holiday. Nelson, who works at front of house was so helpful and never failed to greet us with a huge smile and friendly hello! Ultimately, the staff were amazing, the hotel was beautiful and the location was perfect! Lovely restaurants and a beautiful marina. Appropriate for a huge range of people including couples and families (I'm a 20 year old male and just went with a friend and still had a great time, however I would say the area has a romantic atmosphere).

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view of the pool area as some people had a view of the car park.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zhane94
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review following your recent stay at the Hilton Vilamoura on TripAdvisor.

I’m delighted you enjoyed the resort facilities and felt so well taken care of by our staff. I’m sure they’ll be thrilled when they read your comments and realize the extent to which they contributed to the success of your holiday experience.

Artur, Nelson and the rest of the team join me in thanking you for acknowledging their efforts and hope to welcome you and your friend back on many more occasions.

Dinis Pires

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamoura
Four Seasons Vilamoura
Tivoli Marina Vilamoura
#6 of 37 in Vilamoura
As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!