“Excellent Hotel & Resort”

Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I really fell in love with this place when it first opened so much so that I bought a 2-bedroom apartment with them. It is everything that defines a 5 star resort. The location is in a nice, quiet and secluded residential area of Vilamoura. The rooms and apartments are gorgeous! The food was good except on one occasion when the chef seemed to have trouble with the definition of 'well-done' steak and had to grill my steak repeatedly. I am a intolerant of rare meat and blood dripping into my plate from meat, so the chef almost got the diva out of me even though I am usually a very calm, reasonable and laid-back person. I also found fault with their peri-peri chicken as the chicken was rare! So it was like a conspiracy to make me eat raw meat and drink a little bit of blood. That didn't go down well with my well-done meat policy. I however found all the other cuisines excellent, particularly an exotic Brazilian cuisine of cooked garlic - very nice, indeed!

The bathrooms in both the hotel rooms and the apartments are to die for. I love glass bathrooms of the highest quality and that is just what this hotel offers - the best!

The apartments are built to the highest specification, very modern, contemporary, spacious and with ample natural lighting.

The pools and waterfall are great and they really come alive and add to the spectacular beauty of this place at night when the lights come up. Great for photography with the camera.

The underground spa, I was told is one of the largest in the world! It is superb, serene, tranquil and very relaxing indeed.

Finally, the staff gave me nothing less than the Hilton Honours VIP treatment that I have come to expect from Hilton. It is a fabulous hotel and resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room or apartment overlooking the inner courtyard/pool. The lighting at night is magical...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PoshSavvy
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this glowing review of your stay at the Hilton Vilamoura last summer. Your enthusiasm shines through in every sentence and I hope other reviewers will be as amused and inspired as I was.

I’m delighted that we have lived up to your expectations over the years and delivered the high quality service which the Hilton brand is renowned for worldwide.

Our executive chef couldn’t help smiling when he read how one of his chefs had infringed upon your well-done meat policy but I can assure you he has taken your comments very seriously and deeply apologises for the inconvenience on that one occasion. He will of course be disciplining ‘the conspirators’ and taking action to ensure consistent quality service delivery.

We absolutely fell in love with your review and can’t wait to see you and your family back again this year.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Room fully equipped with huge living room / kitchen space with large balcony accessed from both the twin bedroom and the lounge. Great to have washing machine/ full size fridge, dishwasher etc and with supermarket within five minute walk, this room allows a good balance between self catering and hotel prices. Stocking up on water at 23c per bottle versus €4.50 from hotel for example. Main pool is busy, but unlike comments from others, always an option to walk around to other pools where we found loungers every day. Food and service both excellent. You need to allow up to 30mins wait for the free shuttle bus to the marina at peak times or prebook taxi for €5. Our second stay here and will definitely return. Expensive week, but we are all relaxed after a total recharge. Teenage boys we able to keep well entertained around pools and teen club without any formal structured entertainment.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for returning to the Hilton Vilamoura for your family holiday this summer and your very kind comments on TripAdvisor.

Our spacious and well equipped apartments are indeed ideal for a family holiday. We are delighted that you enjoyed your two bedroom accommodations as well as the other resort facilities and services. I’m happy to hear your teenage sons thoroughly enjoyed themselves and that you all returned home feeling recharged and relaxed.

Again, we thank you for your feedback and loyalty and can’t wait to see you back again next year if not sooner.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Traveled around the Algarve and spent 4 nights here. Hotel is about 5 minutes by taxi from Vilamoura marina. Check in was quick and room was modern, relatively large and quiet. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and indoor/outdoor seating. There are plenty of pools to choose from and one adults only one, which was nice and quiet. The hotel is next to a golf course (Pinhal), which also has a big practice area. The only thing the Hilton lacked was some questionable service at times. For example, our room wasn't cleaned until late in the day and the next day it wasn't cleaned to a five star standard. Some of the other services weren't great either. Staff need to be friendlier and more helpful. The hotel offers a free shuttle into Vilamoura in the evening and has free parking. Wifi is pretty awful though. I'd stay here again dependent on the price however.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura on your trip to the Algarve and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Although you were impressed with the property and facilities, I regret that the service wasn’t up to 5 star standard. I sincerely apologise for the shortcomings you mentioned and will address the cleaning with our executive housekeeper.

However, what concerns me most is your comment about the staff. This comes as an unpleasant surprise as most reviewers hold our team members in high regard and often commend them for their outstanding performance. I’m very sorry this was not the case and will certainly take this up with the relevant managers for corrective action.

Again, we thank you for your feedback and hope you will consider one of our future promotions as we would love to see you return.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Frequently stay at Hilton hotels and this hotel did not compare in any way with previous 5 star Hilton resorts.
It has a service to the beach -frequently full when we tried this service entailing long waits and wasting significant period of time.
Entertainment is probably the lowest standard I have seen of any hotel offering this service .
The rooms are clean and generally well maintained and food is equivalent to that of most 4 star type hotels
Staff have no quality standard and NEVER applied the rule that towels could not be used to block sunbeds . Therefore due to the average pool size (much smaller in real life than it seemed on the pictures)- sunbeds were often not available and staff did not seemed bothered that this was the case.
A bottle of water is 4.5 euros at pool side so definitely inflated prices .However service is quick with respect to poolside food and drinks service and so is the mounting cost Very little for children to do and activities seemed of little interest to the children .The golf putting area which is free is the size of a box room.
Probably the only Hilton of the many I have stayed at that I would avoid

Room Tip: try to request a pool view otherwise you will probably not be happy
3  Thank Kwanggae1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I was very sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at the resort and very much regret that we did not live up to your expectations of 5 star service.

We apologise for the shortcomings and will continue to work hard to raise service standards and ensure all our guests have a positive holiday experience.

We do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton for 9 nights with my wife & 17 year old son for our 20th Wedding Anniversary last week & had a very enjoyable holiday. The hotel is located a fair distance from the Marina, but the benefits are larger grounds, more space and next to an impressive golf course. There is a regular shuttle bus, but constant queuing & waiting, as it can only take 12 people - not a good thing in high season, so this needs to be increased in July / August. Taxis can vary between Euro 5.00 - 8.00 which is acceptable, but the queues in Vilamoura to get back are terrible - 20-30 min wait !
The rooms are fabulous, with impressive bathrooms, where we had a King Family Suite on Floor 1 & Pool View. My son had his own bathroom, but the fold away bed was disappointing for such a luxury room & for a 17 year old was not too comfortable.
The breakfast was good, with tasty omelettes and variety of cold meats / cheeses, cereals and usual dishes. For a 5 *, there should be some bubbly at breakfast time. The Pool Bar really needs to have a reduction in the drinks / food prices and definitely offers / happy hour every day, as this would keep the guests spending in the hotel, not going out to buy everything in the supermarkets. Lunchtime menu was limited & expensive - they need to have basic salads / sandwiches / baguettes, rather than chips / pizza / burgers at Euro 15.00 +.
The adult pool with Jacuzzi was definitely the place to be, as our son was old enough to be there too. Not too busy and managed to get loungers every day, again it's high season, so very busy as expected.
The staff were exceptional and I would like to thank them all for their help during our stay, with a lovely bottle of bubbly for our Anniversary on ice in our room, as a surprise. We intend to visit Vilamoura a lot in the future and will definitely make the Hilton our choice of hotel for our stay.
Mr. G Phillips

Dear Mr Phillips,

We are delighted that you chose the Hilton Vilamoura to celebrate your 20th Wedding Anniversary and very much appreciate the time taken to write such a detailed review.

I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that we made an impression, both in terms of the service and facilities; in particular, the rooms, breakfast choice and adult pool. I regret your son was not entirely comfortable with the fold away bed and we’ll be sure to find a more suitable solution on your next visit. We will also be addressing your thoughtful suggestions on the shuttle service, pool bar prices, lunchtime menu and bubbly at breakfast with the team at our next management meeting.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we feel very honoured that you will be making the Hilton your hotel of choice on your future visits to Vilamoura.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Fantastic hotel, lovely room loved the bathroom great location. Check out Harry's bar! Adult pool area great nice pool. Great vocalist in the bar and the bar staff were wonderful great cosmopolitan and lemon martini!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Vilamoura for your weekend break and the excellent rating on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted you enjoyed the hotel location and facilities in addition to the entertainment and drinks in the ‘Rubi’ bar.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and three kids 9,9 and 13 in a nice two bedroom apartment
asked for a pool view, but go more of a garden view as we were on ground floor
Start with the breakfasts, nice fruits, breads and juices all fresh and replenished quickly but the supposed hot food was a disaster, how people put up with cold and overcooked food is beyond me, way too many people here are prepared to put up with a quality of food they would not countenance at home so why allow it here?
I complained after day 1 and we generally cooked our own food in our apartment. Lars the ops director allowed 24 euro per day off our bill which equates to €4.80 per person per breakfast, if that's what they value breakfast at probably explains the poor quality of the supposedly hot buffet
Rooms were cleaned very well every day and we tipped the cleaning staff appropriately
Very little to do for my kids. No animation team and a poor kids club that my kids got bored with after 15 minutes
there is a golf simulator that was broken during my stay and I would imagine it is still out of action.
We ate one night in the a la carte Aqualera restaurant, it was a complete nightmare
My prawns were served with their entrails attached-YUK
My wifes crab mouse contained 3 large parts of the shell, about the size of a one cent coin-WHERE IS THE QUALITY CONTROL??????
There was no fillet steak available as they had ran out, imagine a Hilton Hotel with no fillet steak
whatever they served me was not the sirloin that I requested, it was cold and already cut up for me-how nice NOT
The pool area was very good, staff really nice, lunch was good staff great
Prices at the pool bar are extortionate €4 for coke, €4.5 for water, with 5 people you could easily spend 60-70 euro a day
this place could be good but a lack of pride or care for the customer is holding this place back
as a regular Hilton user I will not return here

Room Tip: ask for a upper pool room as 0040 looks into the garden
3  Thank RayT1962

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to learn that your experience at the Hilton Vilamoura was not what you had hoped for. Although you acknowledge that the accommodations and cleaning were to your satisfaction in addition to the pool facilities and staff, it seems we failed to provide quality food and service on more than one occasion.

In spite of our attempt to minimise the inconvenience during your stay, I am very sorry that you left the hotel feeling disappointed and not wanting to return.

Please accept our sincere apologies for these shortcomings. We will be sure to share your comments with the teams for corrective action and continue to work hard at delivering world renowned hospitality to ensure that all our guests are made to feel very welcome and well taken care of.

We value our guests’ loyalty and hope you will reconsider visiting again at some point in the future.

David Ecija

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamoura
Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve
As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Conrad Algarve
Conrad Algarve
#1 of 14 in Almancil

Been to Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!