I stayed at the Hilton for 9 nights with my wife & 17 year old son for our 20th Wedding Anniversary last week & had a very enjoyable holiday. The hotel is located a fair distance from the Marina, but the benefits are larger grounds, more space and next to an impressive golf course. There is a regular shuttle bus, but constant queuing & waiting, as it can only take 12 people - not a good thing in high season, so this needs to be increased in July / August. Taxis can vary between Euro 5.00 - 8.00 which is acceptable, but the queues in Vilamoura to get back are terrible - 20-30 min wait !
The rooms are fabulous, with impressive bathrooms, where we had a King Family Suite on Floor 1 & Pool View. My son had his own bathroom, but the fold away bed was disappointing for such a luxury room & for a 17 year old was not too comfortable.
The breakfast was good, with tasty omelettes and variety of cold meats / cheeses, cereals and usual dishes. For a 5 *, there should be some bubbly at breakfast time. The Pool Bar really needs to have a reduction in the drinks / food prices and definitely offers / happy hour every day, as this would keep the guests spending in the hotel, not going out to buy everything in the supermarkets. Lunchtime menu was limited & expensive - they need to have basic salads / sandwiches / baguettes, rather than chips / pizza / burgers at Euro 15.00 +.
The adult pool with Jacuzzi was definitely the place to be, as our son was old enough to be there too. Not too busy and managed to get loungers every day, again it's high season, so very busy as expected.
The staff were exceptional and I would like to thank them all for their help during our stay, with a lovely bottle of bubbly for our Anniversary on ice in our room, as a surprise. We intend to visit Vilamoura a lot in the future and will definitely make the Hilton our choice of hotel for our stay.
Mr. G Phillips
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal's finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Hilton EMEA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Portugal - Algarve