Excellent Hotel. Highly recommend it and will return.
Very spacious two bedroom apartment. Large bedrooms with comfortable bedding, and spacious bathrooms. Sofa bed in the lounge also comfortable. Fully equipped kitchen with washer/dryer, with high end equipment. High quality fittings all round. Large balcony area.
Late April/early May, the unheated pools were a bit fresh, but that did not stop us from using them.
The hotel is too far to walk to the Marina with children. As a result, there is no noise in the area and the setting is very peaceful and tranquil. We had a car so that we could visit the Algarve a bit. The hotel has free parking, and we always found free parking elsewhere, without having to search for it.
Service is the hotel was friendly and efficient. All minor issues (requests for extra bedding, light bulb changes) were dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Restaurant and pool bar staff were very good. One of my children somehow managed to cut herself at breakfast. The staff noticed immediately and came with ice packs, plasters etc. A nice touch was discovering a decorated cake in the room for her that afternoon, to cheer her up and to apologise for something which was clearly not the hotel's fault.
The breakfast buffet was varied and of a very high standard. Overall, the food was very good. We tried the dinner buffet, dinner à la carte, room service and various pool snacks. All were good. Perhaps a little pricey, but not really compared to the prices in other Vilamoura restaurants.
The pool area is superb, with comfortable loungers. I can imagine that it might get crowded in August. The hotel has a truly fantastic playground for small children, with excellent facilities which are a bit out of the ordinary.
As a family travelling with two teenagers and a younger child, we found the hotel to be an excellent choice. A good base for exploring the Algarve. Excellent pool and playground facilities. Plenty of space in the apartment, and good food options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal's finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Portugal - Algarve