We stayed at two hotels in one vacation: one good and one bad. We arrived at the Hilton in Vilamoura in the Algarve after a nightmare stay in a hotel with a tiny room, no storage space, and building work going on. Having located the Hilton (no mean feat – everything is difficult to find in the Algarve and even our GPS lied to us) we checked in and got upgraded to a family suite. Sometimes being a diamond honours member is really useful.
We had two adjoining rooms and so much storage that we could have put each item in its own drawer. We had two baths and virtually two of everything. I have to say that was really nice to be able to spread out and feel relaxed. I could sit in one room using my laptop and my wife could use the other room practicing on her roll-up piano. Everything was pretty well immaculate (although the beds were fairly basic).
The hotel was large with a good gym and lots of other facilities. We generally ate out because Hilton prices tend to be far higher than local prices, although our two meals at the Hilton were excellent. Breakfast was included and the range of products at the buffer was excellent. The staff were all friendly and helpful.
We were there over the Easter period and there was a large number of very young children. Fortunately, they were all very well behaved and we had no noise problems. However, the bed rooms are not shielded from the corridors (there’s no second inner door) and we were able to hear conversations in the corridor. Noise could be a problem in the high season.
Overall we had a great time at the Hilton. We loved our spacious accommodation. My only criticism was that it was about a 30 minute walk to the centre of the town (we had no anxieties about walking home in the dark – Vilamoura seems a tranquil and safe place). Moreover, there are no local shops or restaurants within a short walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal's finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Portugal - Algarve