“Wonderful relaxing ...”

Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Rooms breakfast all excellent .. Room service ..fantastic.... Spa ..... The best I've been to..!!!! Love this place .. Kids loved it too .. Would have liked the play area open tho ..! Cruel keeping it locked up for kids to see but not touch..!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Jlvernon
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

I’m delighted you chose to stay at our resort and found it to be wonderful and relaxing. With words like wonderful, excellent and fantastic, I can see that you had a truly memorable experience!

Pity that the kids club wasn’t operational at this time but I’m afraid this is a seasonal facility and much better suited for warmer weather.

We thank you for your kind comments and hope you will visit us again this year.

David Ecija

Write a ReviewReviews (2,709)

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed at Hilton Vilamoura over the new year and we thoroughly enjoyed our break. Hotel and staff both first class. From check in to check out everyone was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were bright and comfortable and well maintained. The breakfast buffet was very extensive and always kept well stocked. As previously stated by other travellers this resort is not close to the marina but as we had a car and already knew the location this did not bother us. We did use the shuttle on a couple of occasions and found it to be very reliable. Would love to return in the summer to enjoy the pool area!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CMHolidays

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Vilamoura to celebrate New Year’s. I’m delighted we lived up to your expectations and that you felt well taken care of throughout your stay.

We wish you and your friends much success and happiness in 2013 and anxiously await your return in the summer.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Hotel is very nice and the staff made the stay especially pleasant being very helpful with suggestions of things to see and do in the Algarve. Shuttle service to and from Marina was also very useful. We were there in the winter so did not get to use the swimming pool but am sure it would be great in the warmer months.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and for your posting on TripAdvisor. It is such a pleasure to receive another excellent rating!

I’m delighted that you enjoyed the resort ambiance and were particularly impressed by the friendliness of our staff.

We are all very much looking forward to your return again in the summer.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here June 2012 for 2 weeks. The hotel is situated slightly to the side from the center favoring golfers more than families, but the shuttle bus worked well for us and the taxi was not very expensive too. The shuttle took us also to the beach, that was beutiful and child friendly, although at times the wind causes large waves. The beach for us was free, but from the time we stayed there it is now very expensive. With the payment you get a towel, ice cream, 2 sunbeds with a shade, a newspaper and 1 water bottle. But I didnt read the newspaper, I wouldnt have wanted water as we had plenty. 15 euros for a 3 person family and 2 weeks would have been catastrophic!

We also liked the pool, which is warm and there is a shaded pool for kids also. There are numerous restaurants nearby and in the center that you can chose from. Ones we liked are Willies, O,Colonial and Pirata (on tripadvisor called O Pirata), and the Hilton hotel restaurant, all child friendly. Staff was friendly and we had a lovely room, with a separate tv + couch room and a bedroom. Clean and spacious, only noise was from one wedding that carried on to the night. There is also a kids playground at the hotel with the possibility to get a nanny. A supermarket with dipers is about 10 mins away.

We rented a car for one day and especially liked the Zoomarine dolphin experience and Parque Zoologico de Lagos, excellent for children. We also drove to the southwesern point of Europe, cool waves. Actually to Zoomarine we went with a bus directly from the hotel, could be back, as the hotel is beautiful, but probably not as am not willing to pay 500 euros for going to the beach.

Room Tip: We liked our room at the top floor of the spa end of the hotel.
Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank samauto1
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Vilamoura and the excellent rating and feedback you posted on TripAdvisor.

I’m delighted that you got to enjoy all the resort facilities and found them child friendly and particularly well suited to families with our own Kids Club and regular shuttle service to the marina and beach. As regards the beach costs however, I’m afraid that use of the facilities is subject to contractual obligations to which we are bound. You will find that all concessions charge a fee for use of the sunbeds and umbrellas.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to the Hilton Vilamoura again this year.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I want to be very careful that my review of Hilton Vilamoura is written to acknowledge the positives and the not-so-positives so here goes. I'll preface by saying that we are Hilton Grand Vacation Club members and Hilton Honors Diamond members so we are very familiar with the Hilton Hotel system. The Vilamoura is a very nice and well maintained property located in the Algarve, which is just beautiful! We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment for 7 days, which was clean and very well equipped. Comfy bed, nice pillows, nice spacious patio balcony. Upon our arrival, there was a chilled bottle of champagne in our room (as it was our anniversary) and a basket of various food items. Our check-in person was Hugo and he was extremely courteous and helpful and again helped us with info the following day. I should also mention Patricia who helped us with bicycles and some return airport transportation issues. The staff who ran the shuttles were also timely and kind. A few issues....the ice machine on the floor was broken except for once, though staff brought ice to us when requested. The washer/dryer....well.....it took 3 hours to wash/dry one load of clothes. English manual was there but we think someone pre-set a 'favorite' auto program.

WiFi...big problem! But management arranged for our access....Thank you!

A issue with Rubi Bar. Somebody there should know how to make a martini! Really now, all it takes is Gin or Vodka and a dash or so of dry vermouth and some type garnish. The bartender who served them apologized and said "I am not a bartender". 2 undrinkable martinis and 2 gin/tonics for Eur 38.50!!!!

Moscado Restaurant.....a huge problem for us. We had reservations for the Christmas Eve dinner. Arrived and was seated. No one came around. Flagged someone down to order a bottle of wine which arrived 10 minutes later. Ordered our dinner choice and 1 1/2 hour later, after having to flag someone again, was told that there was a 'problem' with our order. Unacceptable and we left. Needless to say, we were hesitant to go to the Christmas Brunch the next day after this and we did not. I should mention though, that the operations manager must have been notified and sent a bottle of wine and apology to the room the next day. Even with this incident, the normal relaxing lovely Hilton breakfast buffet was anything but lovely and relaxing. Lots of wait staff running around but not one single time were we ever checked upon after the initial coffee carafe was dropped on our table. We have never been to a Hilton which such unattentive wait staff!

Our rating is reflective of the property itself and not of the Moscado which we would give only average.

We rented a car and also bicycles which the hotel staff are very happy to help you with. Trips along the Algarve coastal areas, trip to see the castle in Silves and up the 900m mountain Monchique! Truly a beautiful area of Portugal.

And yellowfishtransfers.com from and to airport. Very efficient staff, not to mention safe driving.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

I am delighted that you chose the Hilton Vilamoura for your recent holiday in the Algarve while celebrating your anniversary and would also like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

Your constructive feedback was very encouraging and although the positives seem to outweigh the negatives, it was nonetheless rather disappointing to learn about the upsetting situations which you described in detail, particularly the experience at the bar and restaurant on Christmas Eve.

We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and are committed to making the necessary improvements to ensure that guests are well taken care of. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences and will be sure to share your comments with the relevant managers for corrective action.

On a more positive note, I will extend a special thanks to Hugo and Patricia for making such a good impression with their courteous and helpful attitude.

We thank you for being loyal Hilton guests and despite your disappointment on this occasion, we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the resort again at some point in the future.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We are staying at the hotel at the moment and have 3 days to go. The area is very quite with not much to do except golf and the spa. The staff in the hotel couldn't be any more helpful, I have asked their advise, got general info and they have been very polite and friendly. The hotel is having lots of wifi problems at the moment but have given free acsess in all areas to compensate.
Not sure I'd come back to this area but not because of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank OPQ

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Vilamoura and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. As in most reviews, our staff stand out for making guests feel so well taken care of during their stay. I will make sure your feedback is shared with the team.

We apologise for the inconvenience you experienced with the WiFi service and am happy to inform that we have now completed migration to the new service provider.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Vilamoura should you decide to return to the Algarve.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was staying at Hilton Vilamoura for one week during Eastern with a friend of mine.
Hilton had a good offer on booking.com, like 800€ for 7 days in a big room with Queen sized bed, and a big balcony and bathroom etc.
However, I'm never booking a hotel room with booking.com ever again.
To do a long story short, there was a suddent incident that resulted a big mess with my booking (it had been cancelled by mistake, but I called back immideately and the lady on the phone said that it was no problem for me to get the room back without any extra charges). Anyway, when I arrived to the hotel, the friendly gentleman, Rui, helped me to get a new room, actually the same type of room that I had made a reservation for in the beginning. However, I told him the situation of what had happened and he promised to fix the problem. The problem turned out to be harder to solve than we thoguht. I had to call booking.com to the US, the hotel fortunately paid for my phone bill. Well there was also some misunderstandings and there were many phonecalls during the first day to bookings.com. In the end of the day, thanks to the hotel and their friendly and VERY helpful staff, I was able to stay in the hotel, the same room, and without any extra payments (bookings.com told me I should pay for that room once again because it was cancelled once etc.).

Once again, the staff, and especially the men by the reception were among the best employees in a hotel I've ever met by far! So a big thanks to them!

The hotel itself was very nice and clean. Food was okay. The spa building with swimmingpools and massages, treatments etc. was very nice. One big plus was that the golf courses were next to the hotel, as I am a golfer myself.
Portugal and Vilamoura was nice indeed and I will go back for sure. And if I will stay in Vilamoura, it will definitely be at Hilton!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonVilamoura, Director of Operations at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having written a review about your stay at our hotel in April this year. I was very happy to read that our staff made the difference during your visit.

I have shared your positive comments with the entire team and especially with Rui from the reception team. I am glad he was able to help you solve the unpredicted incident that occured with your reservation being cancelled.

As you rightfully mentioned, the hotel is perfectly located within a small distance of five golf courses in Vilamoura and one of them being on our back door step. Therefore I hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back on your next golf trip to the Hilton Vilamoura.

Happy New Year!

Lars Sammelius
Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamoura
Four Seasons Vilamoura
Conrad Algarve
#1 of 14 in Almancil
As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!