“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed for 2 weeks and had a wonderful, relaxing holiday.
The 1 bedroom apartment we stayed in was spotlessly clean and very well equipped.
All of the staff are kind, friendly and polite and nothing is too much trouble for them.
The pool and the grounds are maintained to an excellent standard.
The food is of a very good standard and we almost became addicted to the soup of the day! The local supermarket has reopened which was a bonus as it is very local.
We had such a great holiday that we are going back in September.
Highly recommended for a quiet relaxing holiday and the Marina is just near enough for those wanting a night out.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Holidaygirl060

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Spain
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Lovely peaceful place to stay.Everywhere is spotless,the grounds are well maintained.
Staff were really friendly and very helpful.The food is really nice and very reasonably priced.
We stayed in a one bedroomed apartment which was a good size and well equiped.
The only downside to this hotel is the last shuttle bus leaves for the marina at 5pm,which meant we had to get a taxi there and back every night.
Would definately stay again .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Ideal for a good value escape to the Algarve. Very clean and friendly staff plus the transfers to and from the marina and golf courses are a great addition. Competitive rates offered on golf too.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
birmingham uk
Reviewed March 30, 2011

On old golf course,easy to find from main highway.Spotless clean,well stocked kitchen.Large one bedroomed apartment.Good 45 min walk to town.Would only book if hired a car.Bus only available 3 times a day. No local supermarket for fresh bread etc.Quiet depending on the clients at time of booking, although we were only disturbed once during the week with a drunk man. Soon told to shut up by another guest.Mainly golfers, so bar tended to be noisy men.Charge for safe.Secure with gate entry for your car in and out of the parking, which you can park in underground parking by your flat.

Restaurant very disappointing.Food ok and reasonable but no atmosphere due to the surly and miserable manner of the staff.We left the money for our bill on the table but was chased out of the restaurant being accused of not paying,although we was apologized to the following night.We was embarrassed and would not return.Not a pleasant dining experience.

I was left a bottle of bubbly in the room for my birthday.

Cleaning staff very pleasant and they were to only staff to get a tip. Dont rely on wake up call.That was useless, didnt wake me at all.

To sum up, I would only book if I had a car and wasnt bothered about drinking alcohol.Or could afford taxi's every day into town.

The apartments were perfect for our needs.Spotless and peaceful garden to relax.
Good pool although too cold for march.Pleasant 45 min walk to town, if you like walking.
Same distance to beach.Some great food in Vilamoura.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Me again

I am going back to this little place next month, just for some peace and quiet.

If you have a stressed busy or family life and feel its just too much and you need to get away this is the place. Its isolated enough away from the hussle and bussle, yet just a little shuttle trip away from most golf courses and the Marina.

Its set, in my opinon, in an ideallic location high up one part of the resoort overlooks all the little houses and villas in the hills... there is a kids pool as well as an adult pool.

If you want a lot of night life, then its not for you. However if you want somewhere peaceful and quiet during the day then its perfect for you. There is a shutle service which takes you regurlarly to the beach marina where there are lots of shops and restaurants, pubs etc with lovely views over the marina and the tivoli hotel.

There is a pool table, internet access and when i went last year i had a wheelchair for my passenger and it was absolutely fine, so anyone needing some recouperating it perfect for you.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank holidayqueen1971
belfast
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I felt after reading reviews of these apartments that I should share my experience.

I visited twice last summer, July and August 2010 on the recommendation of family. When I stayed in July I was impressed. The apartments are very simple but very clean and the area is so pretty. So easy to get sun loungers and no need to get up early. Also good shaded areas to avoid getting sunburnt etc. Pool also not too busy and kept very clean. There are also showers and toilet facilies which were spotless. As noted there are no shops nearby but the hotel provides a bus at 9.30am which is handy. However if you miss it you can get a taxi. It's a bit annoying for those who arrive say in the afternoon who want to stock up. I must stress it's a good 45mins walk into Vilamoura and I don't think it would be easy in the sun!

The bus is also handy for getting to the beach during the day. However it stops at night. I know it's not a huge hassle but we found we were waiting for taxis for around 45mins some nights to get out and then up to an hour at the marina to get home. I know we went at peak time but it really does eat into your time. Taxis also cost around 7euros on average, maybe more so going out every night for 2 weeks can be around 200euros which really is expensive and needs to be considered. You can stay at the hotel and eat but honestly, the food is very bland and simple and entertainment is laughable. It may suit some but I noted most people chose to go to the marina.

On our return there were a few incidents that occurred that really put me off this accommodation. On our second evening we had dinner at the marina. On our return around 12.00pm one of our party noticed the male receptionist following us to our room! When we slowed he stopped and pretended to turn to another room. We thought no more of this and went into our room. We then received a call from the reception asking us where we had our dinner. We informed him the marina (and also that he had booked our taxi out and probably seen us leaving) andhe then stated that someone with blonde hair had not paid bill in the hotel restaurant a few hours ago. he then stated that matched the description of one of our parties and accused us pretty much stealing! Obviously we were very annoyed. A complaint was made to the manager who agreed but really didn't do much about it apart from saying the staff member was inexperienced. I just feel it was totally unprofessional and uncalled for. Clearly the person could be easily identified and following female guests to their rooms and making late night calls is wholly inappropriate.

Following this we noticed the some staff were very unfriendly. I must add that I found about half of them to be generally like this all the time in particular fernando. Any portuguese guests seemed to be treated very well yet we were told off for sitting at the "wrong" table in their empty restaurant amongst other things.

All in all, these apartments are lovely but the attitude of the staff was very off-putting and I would not return on this basis.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank ladybird0
Ballinhassig, Ireland
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This is my second trip to these apartments but my first review. These are apartments are just a credit to the owners, they are spacious, very clean, very reasonable and whats more very comfortable. I was with a golfing trip so the apartments were quiet during our stay it was only groups of golfers which were there so that was perfect. If I was going on a family holiday i would not hesitate to book these apartments. They are well located in Vilamoura just a small taxi ride about €6 to the marina. They are on the doorstep of some of the wonderful Oceanico golf courses, with the Old course within a two minute stroll. The apartments are very well laid out inside and out, there is lots of space for children to run around and a choice of two pools. The rooms are very spacious even the two bed studios. The food is very resonable and very tasty too. The breakfast is your typical continental breakfast and is very good. The staff are friendly and whenever you need a taxi you just ask and they get one for you straight away!! These apartments would be excellent for either a group family holiday, a holiday for two or really for anyone. All in all I would highly recommend these apartments and Im sure I will be back again next year for our next golf trip.

• Stayed October 2010