This hotel was good although I'm not sure it's 5* quality,
The room - We had lovely chocolate covered strawberries and juice left for us in the room on arrival which was a nice touch. The Garden Deluxe room is spacious, plenty of storage for us for a 1 week stay, I'm not keen on the bathroom in your room layout but it wasn't an issue. I found the noise from the corridors did come through to our room which was a bit disruptive to us when noisy residents returned late at night. Also you get a lot of noise from surrounding rooms when they're being cleaned which often was during daughters nap time! Air conditioning in the room was so noisy every time is kicked in and then would quickly quieten down after its initial blast, this led to difficult nights sleep too.
My main complaint would be housekeeping, they did a good job when they came but we left our room in the morning leaving the 'Please clean my room' sign out and returned mid afternoon and most days it hadn't been cleaned and we had to call and request it. One day it wasn't cleaned at all and we turned up after dinner to find they were doing a quick clean during turn down around 9:30pm that day.
We travelled with our toddler daughter she was messy at meal times but the restaurant and pool bar staff were wonderful with her. All staff are very accommodating of children, which is why this resort suited us so well because of how well it is geared for kids from welcoming staff to the playground and kids clubs. . All staff are lovely and helpful when needed.
The pool bar food got a bit repetitive it's menu is limited I found and the kids menu is mostly the same throughout the hotel and again limited. We ate once at Fusion restaurant on our last night and it was the best meal we had on our whole trip for both food quality and service.
The one heated pool wasn't warm enough for us, I think I saw a board saying it was about 25degrees, my daughter shivered while in it so this was a bit of a let dowe for us also the sandy beach area we found the sand very coarse but its still a nice feature as are the beds and cabanas if you can get one.
We walked over to the beach a couple of times, the restaurant there had good food at lunch to make a change from the pool bar. The nearby shop was handy for snacks and water.
The bar area is nice and peaceful place to relax and watch the world cup games that were showing.
The hotel arranged our return transfer to the airport on our departure which came with a good car seat for our daughter so this was much preferred to the taxi we'd used from the airport, and only cost a small amount more.
In all it was a nice stay at a good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five Star luxury resort with 192 rooms offering private balconies, with panoramic views over the marina of Vilamoura, Falésia beach or the private lake. Sports and leisure facilities include extensive gardens, three restaurants, two bars, a Spa with an indoor treatment pool and a Fitness Centre. It also has three outdoor pools, one of which has a natural sand bottom (the first in Europe), Koala Kids Club, Library, Boutique and free covered parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, TravelUp, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Blue & Green The Lake Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue & Green The Lake Hotel Vilamoura
- Blue And Green The Lake Spa Resort
- Lake Hotel Vilamoura
- Lake Resort Vilamoura
- The Lake Resort
- Blue & Green The Lake Spa Resort Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve