I dont know what people complain about on their reviews but apart from pool water not being warm i have no complaints at all. More than lived up to expectations.
We stayed on b&b basis- breakfast both continental and English breakfast good and plenty. Breakfast staff polite and helpful.
Rooms nice and big, nice towels, robes, clean, wifi good in room, lots of storage space
Resort is big clean and modern, lots of chill out areas, plenty sunbeds and four poster cabanas for the taking. Pool side food ok. Pool is a bit cold and could be warmer.
Spa is amazing, babies are allowed between 10-3pm which is nice. The pool has various jets and waterfalls, which i have never seen in any resort, they have a dead sea salt water jacuzzi and a normal one, its nice and clean, they have 3 shower stations with different water effects. Didnt try treatments but im sure would be just as great.
The staff are all really helpful and polite, didnt come across any that were not helpful.
We asked for iron and kettle and received it straight away.
We were staying 17/10 to 23/10 so was coming into offseason, but weather has been pretty good. They have a special 50% off spa treatments during this time every year
We tried the jaipur tea package which was 15eur for 2 ppl, it was worth it.
We ate at the marina and the best place to eat was My Thai, we went there twice within our first three days, thai food better than some london thai restaurants. Staff are accommodating and friendly too. We also tried an italian called Noscolo, the pasta was good.
A meal typically starts from 12 euros everywhere.
Buy your drinks and water from the liquor store at the marina its much cheaper that buying from the general newsagent type store.
Behind the lake is the main beach, along the beach are white cabins where you can eat and drink, would recommend this.
I would definitely recommend this resort and Vilamoura for anyone wanting a nice relaxing break,, lived up to expectations.
We looked at other resorts around the marina however we were glad we chose this one, it was paradise compared to most. We visited intercontinental Mauritius earlier this year and this resort was on par.
Taxi from airport is metered and cost us 35eur incl tip.
Marina is a 5 min walk, very convenient and lots of restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five Star luxury resort with 192 rooms offering private balconies, with panoramic views over the marina of Vilamoura, Falésia beach or the private lake. Sports and leisure facilities include extensive gardens, three restaurants, two bars, a Spa with an indoor treatment pool and a Fitness Centre. It also has three outdoor pools, one of which has a natural sand bottom (the first in Europe), Koala Kids Club, Library, Boutique and free covered parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue & Green The Lake Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue And Green The Lake Spa Resort
- Blue & Green The Lake Hotel Vilamoura
- Lake Hotel Vilamoura
- Lake Resort Vilamoura
- The Lake Resort
- Blue & Green The Lake Spa Resort Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve