Nearly all of the reviews of this hotel I would agree with, so there is not going to be a repeat of how it was 5 star and so on. What a pity that the Lagoon bar (outside in the sunshine), closed at 7pm, why?
The bar inside Zanzibar, TV on, but no sound, dreadful repeative music. When requested to turn down music so that the large number of people who wanted to watch champions league football, told "it is not possible". On another occassion a very good live band, was forced to perform with a tv on behind them, why?
We ate once in the fusion restaurant, more like confusion restaurant, it is trying to be something I dont believe it is up to, and offer a combination of global food cultures mixed together. The risotto was deadful a paddy field of warm rice floating in sterilised tasting milk, you would have had better from a tin of rice pudding, unimpressive. This was not fine dining and needs to work very hard to get there.
There is a nice walk around the lake, however be careful many boards are loose or have screws sticking up.
This all sounds negative, but dont be put off, the rest is perfect, I did raise these points with the hotel managment who are very polite and do a lot of smiling.
Resort can be very windy, local beach has "house music" bar, good for those who like that. The marina is a 5 minute walk and has many restaurants, chinese, steak, fish, indian, pub food indeed most everything, indoor and outdoor.
I would return to the Lake and its biggest asset is the staff, especially those serving at the Lagoon bar. The lady at the Spa and the spa massage staff are very professional and it is great value for money and thanks for curing my aching back pain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five Star luxury resort with 192 rooms offering private balconies, with panoramic views over the marina of Vilamoura, Falésia beach or the private lake. Sports and leisure facilities include extensive gardens, three restaurants, two bars, a Spa with an indoor treatment pool and a Fitness Centre. It also has three outdoor pools, one of which has a natural sand bottom (the first in Europe), Koala Kids Club, Library, Boutique and free covered parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue & Green The Lake Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue And Green The Lake Spa Resort
- Blue & Green The Lake Hotel Vilamoura
- Lake Hotel Vilamoura
- Lake Resort Vilamoura
- The Lake Resort
- Blue & Green The Lake Spa Resort Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve