All reviews sports facilities outdoor pool superb facilities fridge freezer golf course pitches sauna villa accommodation tennis algarve marina lads sunbeds cereal euros
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I spent less than a week at Browns as a girlfriend's getaway. We had such fun in a very relaxing environment, which as soon as you enter makes you feel like the vacation has officially begun. The club is spacious, clean from the minute you step in the front lobby, and full of things to do for both active people and those who want to just sit back and veg. Two of us lounged at the pool, sipping drinks at the bar island, and the other two took full advantage of the running track, gym, spinning classes and ping pong table. Not big golf players, though the field was beautiful, we instead rented bikes (which Browns made readily available) and rode around the lush neighborhoods of Vilamoura, which is green, quiet and yet full of things to see that will surprise you. Vilamoura Marina is only 2.5 km away, if you're up for it the bike ride is great exercise, and when you come back you can just dive headfirst in the indoor pool, with jacuzzi intervals.
The room was great, with a kitchen, garden and patio, comfy beds and very very clean. We saw that there were lots of different types available, from the apartment with a private pool to the smaller rooms like ours. Ours fit us four just fine, sometimes we stayed in and cooked, and other times took full advantage of the restaurant and bar service. The grilled cheese sandwiches were DIVINE.
The food was also really good, someone mentioned the carrots and I agree, they were delicious. The staff had that typical Portuguese friendliness, and gave it that down-to-earth local feel mixed with a British/American overall touch.
Browns definitely needs to be better advertised, I don't think it has the recognition it deserves. It is a lovely place to get away and leaves it entirely up to you whether you choose to be active or enjoy the leisures of relaxation.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank valsmecs
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Had a really good time at Browns! Did not even know it existed and I have been coming to the Algarve for ten years now! I found a good deal on booking.com and thought I would give it a try and am so pleased I did!

I think I lost weight during my stay! Which is always a plus! The weather was amazing! Nice enough to have a dip in the outdoor pool but too cold to go to the beach. I have to say I exercised every day and ran on the running track, which is a cross country track and I think 1km long. I took yoga classes, and a few spinning classes! And made regular visits to the Sauna and Steam Room!

The club also rented us a car, which is good because we got a really good deal and were able to explore all over!

Rooms were great! Spacious, clean, comfortable, with their own kitchen, which we never used, but still...good to know we had it!

All and all I would recommend Browns, especially to those who love sports, or want to get fit! Really did have fun!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Evian5000
Reviewed June 5, 2009

I had a wonderful two week vacation at Browns Sports and Leisure Club with my husband, my son and daughter in law and my two grandsons age 8 & 3. While my husband went to play golf at the nearby golf courses I took the children to the indoor pool and then they played on the fantastic playground. There was even a sand pitch for beach volleyball but my grandson used it as his private beach to make sand castles! My daughter in law took the yoga classes because she didn't want to miss her regular lessons at home. My son enjoyed watching the football in the sports bar which was right on the premisis. There was alot of sports memorabilia from all the teams that had trained at the Browns Training Center. All in all we had a great time. The breakfast was good and adequate. When we ate in the restaurant for lunch and dinner the meals were very good and tasty. The grounds are left in their natural state and therefore it makes for a lovely walk in peace and tranquility. The villas were nicely done and each had its own kitchen so occassionally we ate in. But, I prefered to eat in the restaurant, after all we were on vacation!! I would recommend Browns to anyone who enjoys sports and tranquility at the same time. A lovely place.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Leesword
Reviewed June 4, 2009

I went to Browns in May for a one week holiday and LOVED it! I love Sports and the club has so many great facilities.

I went running every day on the 1km cross country running track, went swimming in the pool, took a spinning class, played some tennis! It was honestly wonderful!

They have a masseur at the club who is amazing! The only thing is that it is not advertised anywhere, so I had to go ask at the front desk. But they were really helpful and booked me in that afternoon.

The rooms are very comfortable and spacious equipped with kitchen, bathroom, living room and your own car port. It's your own apartment but better!

The food at the club was yummy, but most of all affordable. They make these incredible garlic carrots which are heaven and the soups are delicious too!

The beach is a five minute car ride. But most of the time we biked there. Once again the club deals with a bike rental company where you can rent a bike and they are brought directly to the you, but does not advertise it anywhere. So just be sure to ask all your questions to the reception!

Overall I would definitely recommend Browns Sports and Leisure Club, especially to those who like Sports and want to stay or get fit while on holiday! It is also really peaceful, yet in prime location!

Already missing the sauna...and massage! But Im going back in the summer!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juliedouglasser
Reviewed September 17, 2007

Just returned from a week at Browns on a half board basis.

Just a few points that were wrong with the service - the maid service is very basic beds are not fully made up they do not clean the floors just moped the kitchen area did not sweep the floors in any of the bedrooms or lounge area.

No maid service on the Sunday - therefore no clean towels that day.

Dinners provided were bland and basic no variety just some form of meat or fish - would love to say what they were but no information given - rice or pasta for most of the week no form of dessert offered.

• Stayed: September 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)