My wife and stayed at the Vila Sol hotel in August. The hotel is about ten minutes by bus from Villamoura and a taxi was about ten Euros, all taxis are metered. We arrived at 11 o’clock at night and booked in. With some brief instructions we were told to find our own way to our garden room 1703. This was a difficult task as it was at night, dark and the room was a good way away from the hotel.
The complex is very big and we had a great deal of difficulty finding it as the room numbers on the notice boards only gave the first two numbers which was confusing. We managed to stop a passing member of staff who showed us to our room. I felt that we should have been escorted to our room when we booked in.
The room was not I would class as five star, I felt it was somewhat small and a little basic. The bathroom was certainly five star, with two basins, two showers and a bath and a bidet and toilet, with marble tiling, really lovely. The bath was very deep and older people may find it difficult and dangerous getting out as the there was no mat on the floor except a small towel to stand on.
The towels were changed daily but the toiletries were in adequate, the bottles must have been the smallest we have ever found, not enough for two people. The beds were very comfortable with plenty of soft pillows.
The air conditioning was not effective in that particular room and there was not full length mirror but the lighting was good with plenty of lamps.
The cleaning of the rooms was variable each day, some days it was not cleaned until nearly five o’clock and there was a thick layer of dust under the bed! Some days it was made immaculate but other days it was not.
There is a free hotel mini bus service which went at set times to the marina and then to the beach. This needs to be booked at the reception.
The beautiful hotel, its grounds, facilities, swimming pools with plenty of sun beds, golf course etc were certainly five star but the best thing about the Vila Sol hotel were the staff, they were extremely, cheerful, polite and courteous at all times. Room service was excellent but the bars at the hotel did seem to close early. The prices for drinks and food are fair and are clearly price listed.
The area around Vila Sol could do with some shops, bars, restaurants and a better taxi service or some form of public transport. It is quiet a very quiet location but very beautiful and green.
Although I have criticised aspects of the hotel we did have wonderful and enjoyable holiday at the Vila Sol, just the little things let it down as a five star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pestana Vila Sol is located 5 minutes from Vilamoura and a 10 minutes ride to Marina de Vilamoura and the beaches. It has a 27 hole golf course, extensive green areas, fountains and small lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Orbitz, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pestana Vila Sol, Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Vila Sol Golf And Resort Hotel
- Pestana Vila Sol Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Vila Sol Hotel
- Vila Sol Resort
- Pestana Vila Sol, Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve