“Great Family Meal”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Having had a few nights of fish it was nice to enjoy a steak cooked to perfection. This restaurant enjoys great views across the marina and my first thought was that would be all we enjoyed as is often the case on front row restaurants. However, I was pleasantly surprised with a quality steak and chips super. The steak was cooked medium rare as requested and was a reasonable size. The whole family seemed to enjoy this meal after a long day in the sun. The service was keen for such a busy place and the bill was acceptable. The only slight quibble was a profiterole that was harder than a golf ball. Stick to the. chocolate brownie would be my suggestion.

There are newer reviews for La Fragata

Reviewed July 20, 2014

After browsing some of the other Steakhouse restaurant menus around the marina we decided on La Fragata, We were seated by a friendly waiter in a lovely position on the deck overlooking the Marina and relaxed. Sadly the lady taking our order was probably the most miserable person in the place who really couldn't crack a smile. We declined the surprise unordered starter, I do wish restaurants didn't follow this practice. Our mains arrived pretty quickly, I had the Fillet steak and my husband had the Salmon in champagne sauce, both were delicious and I would definitely recommend. A lovely meal in a great setting, oh and the cocktails are a reasonable price as well.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have visited this restaurant for many times during the past years and always love to come back. Quality of the rood is excellent, as well as the view and the friendly staff. It's a little expensive compared to other restaurants at the marina, but that is money well spent! Looking forward to the next visit !

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We took our daughter here last night for her birthday meal.
We had walked around the Marina looking at different restaurants but loved the look of this menu (and the beautiful setting even more)
I would recommend asking for a table right at the front, overlooking the marina.

We were met by a wonderful host, singing and so welcoming.

We were bought a taster plate, with calamari, mini pizzas and meatballs. Beautiful!!

My husband had the Fried Camembert for a starter which I tried and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

My main was Fillet of Steak with cream and Mushroom sauce. Wow! Tasty and cooked to perfection.

I highly recommend a visit here if you are in the area.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great location on a deck overlooking the marina, great service and excellent food. Not too pricey, certainly not the most expensive we have come across in the marina area. The couvert, which is optional but will be delivered unless you opt out but at 2.5 euro a head was about the norm but really delicious. We went wrong by ordering starters as well which meant we struggled to finish off the mains but no complaints on the quality or taste. For main course I had pork with a cream peppercorn sauce (au poivre it it came on a steak) which was superb the meat was tender and the sauce itself was delicious, the side order of veg was cooked perfectly to my taste. Other meals in our group were similarly rated, altogether a really enjoyable meal, we'll be back