“Great find, best in Vilamoura”
Review of Chez Carlos

Chez Carlos
Ranked #51 of 197 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of the longest established restaurants in Vilamoura, Chez Carlos is where the Algarve, Atlantic and Mediterranean meet the others seas, mixing flavors, colors and smells in a fusion cuisine. Simple and made with love. Conveniently located close to the marina in Vilamoura, Restaurant Chez Carlos aims to provide a healthy cuisine based on natural products. We are renowned for excelent traditional Portuguese food and friendly attentive service. If you want a quiet night in or to host your own dinner party without the effort, our take away service is the perfect solution. Browse our menu and contact us to place your order. Or simply come along and have a relaxed drink while we prepare your feast.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This restaurant is a little hard to find. It is off the dual carriageway with the recreational area, leading into Vilamoura. As it is part of a modern apartment block (green and yellow), it is not impressive from the outside. However, this 'gem' is well worth finding. 6 of us were on holidays in the area and we ended up going back to Chez Carlos repeatedly during our stay. Filipe and his staff are charming and welcoming and cannot do enough to please. Fish dishes are second to none and the fish is presented to you before cooking. Fish is cooked on the bone or off the bone as you wish. Filipe gives lessons on removing the bone at your table also ! Meat is also excellent quality, cooked Portuguese style or otherwise. It is an ideal place to round off your meal with a nice port. We will be returning at the earliest opportunity.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We visited twice during our weeks visit to the nearby apartments and each time the food was of a high quality at a reasonable price. Filipe, the owner, makes an effort to chat to you . Well worth a visit

1  Thank xtrolleydolly
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I wish I'd discovered this hidden gem years ago, having said that I've eaten there many times to make up for my lost years. It's really tough to say whether it's the 5* service or 5* food that is the most appealing. NOTHING is too much trouble, fish on or off the bone, steak flamed at the table, every desire is catered for. If you order the day before you can have the freshest crab or lobster cooked to perfection. Suffice to say I've been a personal chef in London so I know quality when I find it. The Crêpe Suzette are the best I've ever eaten. Do yourself a favour and visit here at the beginning of your holiday, you're sure to return.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We found this restaurant at the end of our holiday, and wish we had known it was there earlier.
We had the lamb shank, and it was cooked and presented excellently. Quite the nicest restaurant meal we have had for some time. We were waited on by the manager, and he was so friendly and helpful. We were staying at Parque Mourabel, and their restaurant does not compare with this one in price or in quality.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Nice clean place with good staff that are very helpfull. Food cooked from fresh there's nothing a problem for chef to alter any meal . I don't like garlic chef so good to leave out for me . It's a restaurant to reccoment

3  Thank Carol K