This place can either be half board or b&b. We booked on a Mon night to go on Fri morning for the weekend. Arrived at about 10:00am at the hotel and room was ready. The lady on reception was very friendly and had a sense of humour which was nice. You don't need a car unless you want to constantly go out and about and back to the hotel or travel to another area as there is a free bus to the beach and the Marina. Had it not been for the fact I tripped and vert badly sprained my ankle (still hurting after 5 weeks!) the holiday would be perfect. It also would have been perfect had there not been a group of idiots on a stag weekend running around like unruly chdren playing knock on the door and shouting about the place as much as they could after drinking all night. That was not the hotel's fault. Had it not been for this the place would be the most relaxing place as not a lot of people are at the pool as they are golfing and there were only a couple of kids. I would go again but be more careful when walking! The food was not brilliant but ok however the soups were gorgeous. The staff serving the food were a little unsure as to how to take compliments. Very clean place and unobtrusive staff. The pool was cleaned every day and we saw samples being taken and tested which was a good sign and reassuring. The main pool was not big but did not need to be. It had proper ladders but no walk down into the pool steps so if you were infirm you would not be able to use it. The kids pool was very clean and not too near the main one. Lots of sun loungers available and not the usual towel hogging in sight!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prado do Golf offers guests a relaxed and calm base for a self catering holiday, ideally located in a peaceful corner of the stunning resort of Vilamoura, Algarve. Families, sports club groups, couples and independent travellers all agree that the quiet and pleasant surroundings, alongside the value for money ensure Prado do Golf is a popular alternative to booking into a larger hotel. Prado do Golf has 44 units of one and two bedroom apartments and villas (standard and deluxe) with off road parking, that are spread amongst the attractively maintained gardens. The heart of the complex is the large communal pool (not heated) with surrounding terrace and sun beds, besides which the bar and bistro terrace offers alternative areas to enjoy the sunshine and extended balmy evenings. This social and secure area is a sheltered haven for sunbathers and where parents can easily keep an eye on their children as they play and make new friends. Prado do Golf has a local bus stop outside the entrance for convenient transportation around Vilamoura, popular with those who do not wish to hire a car. At Prado do Golf, Vilamoura guests choose between one or two bedroom apartments and villas, the apartments are in blocks of 4 with 2 on the ground floor and 2 on the 1st floor. Those with restricted mobility are advised to inform staff at the time of booking to enquire about availability of the ground floor units for their convenience. The standard apartments and villas offer basic, comfortable, spacious open plan, value for money holiday accommodation, with plenty of space in the living areas for families and well equipped for self catering. Each apartment and villa offers:•1 or 2 Spacious bedrooms with twin beds and fitted wardrobes with drawers•Bathroom with a bath with a shower, bidet, toilet & sink•A well equipped kitchen including oven, hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, crockery and utensils•A generous open plan lounge/dining room with defined areas including dining table and chairs and relaxed seating to enjoy the cable TV•A private sun terrace or balcony outside opens through sliding doors from the lounge, with table and chairs. Additional features include:•A safety deposit box (2 euros per day)•Full length mirrors in the bedrooms•Hair drier•Ironing board and iron•Shutters on the windows•Maid service is twice a week, change of towels mid week (pool/beach towels are not provided), change of linen (more than 7 nights). Some guests prefer to upgrade their holiday and spend a little more to secure one of the deluxe apartments or villas which offer more contemporary furnishings with the added luxuries and convenience of: air conditioning, microwave, dishwasher. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Prado do Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prado Do Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Do Hotel
- Prado Do Resort
- Prado Do Golf Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve