“Poor service and underwhelming food”
Review of Cais I

Cais I
Ranked #100 of 195 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We just wanted a light lunch here one day and despite very few customers the service we recieved was poor and the food as bad.
The salad was limp and lifeless and the burger and fries we had seemed mass-produced.
The cost was high for th food we recieved and nobody seemed to bother that we had left most of the food.
This place seems to be living on its location.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 8pm on July 2nd 2013 the resturant was not busy. We had decided to dine here due to the good reviews.

After 5 minutes we had our drinks and put our food order in. Then we waited and waited and waited. Tables came in after us ordered ate and left and we still had no food. We raised this with our server and were told they got priority as they were tables of 2. However when other tables started getting their food we had to call over the manager who told us they were short staffed. The food finally arrived and we were told a third excuse. The kitchen had lost our ticket. This explained one of the orders being wrong but at this point we were so hungry just are what was provided. The bill arrived and we noticed we had been charged 10 euros for a bread basket which I think was over the top. I have travelled a lot and have never been to a restaurant that had so little regard for its customers.

On the plus side the steak I had was nice but I would never go back due to the awful customer service received.

2  Thank Greg L
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Make sure you go to this place! best food by a country mile! Staff are brilliant and food as good ! great atmosphere , great wine, try and book so you don't have to wait ! not to be missed this one - a little gem!

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Three of us ate here twice. Really nice, welcoming staff; great menu choices - we had prawns, caprese, pasta, and sausages. Tasty couvert, highly recommend the chicken kebab with fresh pineapple. Large portions, good value. Clean and very enjoyable. All thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff were attentive, the food was good and the atmosphere was buzzing!
The resturant is located at the end of the marina, a bit hard to find however once inside the staff made you feel welcomed. The food was good, the resturant was full but the food all came in good time. They knew it was my birthday and treated me to a free cocktail, rose and a song! Made my birthday memoriable!