This is a lovely little place if you only need somewhere to sleep and cook a few meals. We stayed for a week at the end of October with our 4yr old son who loved it.
Yes it is a bit old and dated like the reviewers have said, however, that doesn't stop you getting a good night's sleep, or cooking a meal. The 2 bedroom villas are open plan and are quite spacious. The bedrooms are large too, and you have one with an en-suite and then there is a main bathroom with double sink. Remember this is no frills, and although extra blankets are provided in the closets, you will not get extra pillows, only one per twin bed, so depending on your preferences, you may want to bring along a few. Towels are provided. There are heaters, however one did not work in Villa no. 13 where we stayed, and we did need some heating at night considering the time of year. The swimming pool is very clean but not heated, so not ideal at this time of year. We braved it one day, but said that was enough for the rest of the holiday.
Isabel on reception is lovely, and does her best to accommodate any requests that you may have. There is also free wi-fi access in and around the reception area.
It is a little far from the shops and marina for litlle legs, but he did well to walk down every down most days, and then we got a taxi back for around 5 euros. There are plenty of buses that can take you to Faro or neighbouring towns. All in all, we had a lovely time, and cannot complain. We would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prado Villas is a small, private development of 18 well appointed two bedroom linked villas, ideal for those seeking a self catering holiday in Vilamoura. The villas are set out in extensive grounds, with the communal swimming pool (unheated) and its large terrace area at the heart of the complex and framed by landscaped gardens. With only 18 villas, guests are ensured that their stay will be quiet, relaxed and free from the noise and disruptions of larger resorts. Located at the end of a cul de sac and bordering the 13th Fairway of the Old Course the tranquility of Prado Villas is retained even in the busier summer months. Each villa offers:•2 spacious bedrooms with twin beds with fitted wardrobes and drawers•One en suite shower room and a separate bathroom with a bath/shower, bidet, toilet & sink•A well equipped kitchen including oven, hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, crockery and utensils•A generous open plan lounge/dining room with defined areas including dining table and chairs and relaxed seating•A private sun terrace through sliding doors from the lounge, with table and chairs. Additional features include:•Satellite TV•A safety deposit box (2 euros per day)•Full length mirrors in the bedrooms•Hair drier•Ironing board and iron•Shutters on the windows•Maid service is twice a week, change of towels mid week (pool/beach towels are not provided), change of linen (more than 7 nights). Our friendly reception team will endeavour to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible and are able to assist with all requests including:•Booking airport transfers•Booking taxis, car hire and bicycle hire•Booking of green fees across the Algarve with up to a 30% discount•Organisation of excursions•Local information, advice and assistance. Within walking distance or a short drive away:•Falesia Beach and the Marina (Central Vilamoura)•Old Course, Pinhal, Laguna & Millennium Golf Courses•Brown’s Sports & Leisure Centre (promotional rates available)•Health Spa•Family Golf Park (Mini Golf)•Lawn Bowling•Horse riding•Nature Reserve•Water Sports & boat trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Prado Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prado Villas Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Resort Vilamoura
- Prado Villas Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve