I have just returned from a 4 night stay with my boyfriend. We were very plesantly surprised by how lovely it was. We got a good deal last minute for the rooms so to be honest we were not expecting that much but, it really was great value for money.
Okay the villas are a little dated and do not have things like sky TV and a hairdryer but, the we had a massive two bedroom villa which was equipped with all the modcons for self catering and it was clean.
The best thing about these villas is definitely the swimming pool which is really big and spotlessly clean, another bonus was that there were hardly any other people there so you basically get the pool to yourself!
There are a family of cats that live the the villas, so if you dont like cats this probably isn't the place for you but, i thought they were lovely- they are not starving and would not bother you if you left them alone. We made some nice holiday pet friends..look out for stumpy and Dyson ;o)
The location is ideal because its only a 20 minute drive from the airport so its a perfect place to stay for a short break. The only thing that you should be aware of is that it is about a 45 minute walk to the marina, which isnt so bad going there as it is downhill but i wouldn't recommend trying to walk back there are also hardly any street signs so its pretty easy to get lost! We pretty much relied on taxis to and from the Marina but, this was not a problem as they are very reliable and never cost more than 5 euros.
We were not overly impressed by the Marina itself as its very over-priced and is a strange mix of chavs and rich older people but, if you look slightly away from the Marina there are some really nice bars and the drinks are really reasonably priced...you can get a large beer and wine for 5 euros so you really cant complain!
The best supermarket is definitely Jaffers by the Marina, I thought his was very resonable priced and had quite a good range of things.
One thing definitely worth mentioning is the lovely lady on reception, she was so friendly and would go out of her way to help you.
In conclusion, this place is brilliant value for money and we will definitely be returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prado Villas is a small, private development of 18 well appointed two bedroom linked villas, ideal for those seeking a self catering holiday in Vilamoura. The villas are set out in extensive grounds, with the communal swimming pool (unheated) and its large terrace area at the heart of the complex and framed by landscaped gardens. With only 18 villas, guests are ensured that their stay will be quiet, relaxed and free from the noise and disruptions of larger resorts. Located at the end of a cul de sac and bordering the 13th Fairway of the Old Course the tranquility of Prado Villas is retained even in the busier summer months. Each villa offers:•2 spacious bedrooms with twin beds with fitted wardrobes and drawers•One en suite shower room and a separate bathroom with a bath/shower, bidet, toilet & sink•A well equipped kitchen including oven, hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, crockery and utensils•A generous open plan lounge/dining room with defined areas including dining table and chairs and relaxed seating•A private sun terrace through sliding doors from the lounge, with table and chairs. Additional features include:•Satellite TV•A safety deposit box (2 euros per day)•Full length mirrors in the bedrooms•Hair drier•Ironing board and iron•Shutters on the windows•Maid service is twice a week, change of towels mid week (pool/beach towels are not provided), change of linen (more than 7 nights). Our friendly reception team will endeavour to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible and are able to assist with all requests including:•Booking airport transfers•Booking taxis, car hire and bicycle hire•Booking of green fees across the Algarve with up to a 30% discount•Organisation of excursions•Local information, advice and assistance. Within walking distance or a short drive away:•Falesia Beach and the Marina (Central Vilamoura)•Old Course, Pinhal, Laguna & Millennium Golf Courses•Brown’s Sports & Leisure Centre (promotional rates available)•Health Spa•Family Golf Park (Mini Golf)•Lawn Bowling•Horse riding•Nature Reserve•Water Sports & boat trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Prado Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prado Villas Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Resort Vilamoura
- Prado Villas Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve