I have just returned from a 9 day stay in the OV. To be honest I was very nervous before arrival due to some previous reviews I had seen. Myself, husband and 4 year old daughter stayed in 13BC and booked via OV International.
The 2 bed duplex was lovely, a little dated yes but clean, comfortable and very charming. My only gripe was that both the balcony area and roof terrace were very neglected, dirty floors, very grubby walls. But other than that the property had everything we needed and more.. The lovely thing was that we were actually able to relax in the evening as it was like sitting in someone's living room and since we were home most evenings by 10pm with rte little one it was a great bonus.
The lack of air conditioning is a pain but I knew this beforehand so I couldn't complain.
The two lady's in the OV International office are lovely and very helpful.
I am already thinking of returning here next year but I will opt for a garden terrace apartment.
We also ate most nights in rte restaurants within the OV and they were all nice. Zanzibar was our favourite.
I do have some feedback for the OV office that I will be emailing on to them but they may also read these reviews on TA so here they are;
1: Properties should be checked after cleaning before they are ready for a new arrival. This would detect any obvious issues such as - lights not working, missing toilet roll holders, no cleaning utensils. I think this is the issue that the cleaners don't report these back and it's left to the new tentants to find the faults. Although resolved quickly these things could be sorted prior to customer arriving.
2: Optional cleaning services that can be paid for such as changing beds, towels etc.
- We stayed for 9 nights and were not entitied to bed linen changes and with no air conditioning this is not ideal. To be honest I still can't get my head around this one. Bed linen should be changed at least every 3 days in these situations.
- Clear details on the cleaning service offered, I had understood that bins and sweeping would be done every weekday. However our stay went through 7 weekdays but cleaner only came twice.
These may seem like complaints that are in conflict to my above comments but they are just observations that I made that the OV management could review.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your The Old Village Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Village Apartments Hotel Vilamoura
- Old Village Vilamoura
- Old Village Apartments Vilamoura
- The Old Village Apartments Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve