Having read other reviews, I think it's pot luck with these apartments. They aren't horrendous by any means, but I wouldn't go back.
1. Our room was boiling hot - no air conditioning and no fans available. I can't imagine how bad this must be in August (we were there mid-July).
2. Mediocre cleaning - we found a full ashtray under the bed when we arrived, and you wouldn't want to be walking on the floor without shoes on - it wasn't swept at all during the ten days we were there.
3. Variable facilities - some of the reviews mention toasters, bottle openers etc, but we were supplied with a kettle (which continued to boil until you pulled it the plug out of the wall - I don't think health and safety are high on the list of the management's priorities)and the most basic of utensils only (as in, knives, forks and spoons of all one size - no sharp knives, no tin opener). Also, we had a balcony with a table but no chairs - we had to ask four times before we were given two chairs so that we could sit outside.
4. The shower runs out of hot water after about ten minutes.
5. We also thought it was really cheeky to ask for 20 euro for use of the safe (you get 10 back, if there is someone around to give it to you when you check out); surely, a free safe should be standard.
6. Surly receptionist.
1. A good 30 minute walk to Vilamoura town - which feels more like 45 in the baking heat. There is nothing going on around the apartments, which is good in one sense because it means that it is quiet (although you can hear everything the people in the apartments above and next door are doing), but it is a real bind that the nearest supermarket (and think local Co-op, rather than Tesco Extra) is in Vilamoura town. This means that everytime you need anything - milk, bread, kitchen towel - you have to walk into Vilamoura; not too bad until you have to walk back, laden with bags. All the shops near the apartments have closed down as a result of the recession. We booked this accommodation because it was cheap, but it turned out to be a false economy, because we ended up hiring a car to open up our holiday beyond the local environs of the apartment.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rio Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Apartments Hotel Vilamoura
- Rio Apartments Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve