Tivoli Marina Vilamoura
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$207
$194
Vila Gale Marina(Vilamoura)
$126
Dom Pedro Marina(Vilamoura)
$152
$136
  • Breakfast included
Four Seasons Vilamoura(Vilamoura)(Great Value!)
$241
$228
Dom Pedro Portobelo(Vilamoura)(Great Value!)
$127
$108
  • Restaurant
Vila Gale Ampalius(Vilamoura)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Breakfast included
Pestana Vila Sol, Vilamoura(Vilamoura)(Great Value!)
$119
$99
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
$258
$242
  • Pool
The Old Village Apartments(Vilamoura)(Great Value!)
$306
HotelsClick
5,516 results
All reviewspeppers restaurantpool areastar hoteldeluxe roomsea viewperfect locationexcellent hotelbuilding workturn down servicebirthday cakebeach barbars and restaurantscoffee machinebreakfast was excellentplenty of sunbedsmini barpublic areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013

For a hotel with a fantastic location nestled in between the beach and the marina I expected so much more. Our room was OK when we finally got it!! OK I know you can't check in at 11 am but I expected to be able to get into the room by 2 or 3 pm. Apparently our room was occupied & the current residents were unlikely to be leaving any time soon. So what ... did the hotel expect us to share?? Eventually we were allocated another room which thankfully was at the front looking out over the marina. For anyone unfortunate enough to be at the back overlooking the gardens, pool & the sea you were entertained until 4 am EVERY morning by the nightclub in the hotel gardens. Check in was very slow & the receptionist wasn't exactly what you would call welcoming - more bored by the whole process. Sorry "love" but we'd been traveling since 2am so it would have been nice to have a smile or even the customary explanation of some of the hotel's facilities. Our room was fine, pretty standard in fact although I'm aware that some of the rooms in the hotel have been upgraded. I didn't expect to have to pay for tea & coffee in the room though. The maid service was pretty hit & miss - we had a random assortment of towels every day & sometimes the room wasn't done until 4.30. This wouldn't have been so bad except the evening maid service then turned up less than an hour later to turn our beds down & change the towels that we had only just received. What? At 5.30 pm? I don't think so? On our last night we didn't even get the evening maid service & when we rang down to reception to find out where they were we had no explanation & no apologies. I can only assume that the hotel staff had so many complaints that they were immune to them. The pool bar was very expensive & you had to queue to get drinks. My Mum queued for 20 minutes to get a drink & then the bar tender refused to give her any change - apparently he wanted to keep the tip. The pool area was overcrowded with the usual morning scrum for sun beds & towels. The pool itself was pretty dirty for a few days so I suspect there was an issue with the filtration system although it might have been nice for the hotel staff to alert people to this. Breakfast was good although its a self service buffet so not really too much to go wrong. In essence the hotel is OK but could be so much better with a little attention to detail & customer service. I expect a clean room that is serviced by a reasonable time. I'm not bothered with a fancy tray of chocs left on the bed every night - I'd rather have the bath cleaned and the bins emptied. However the resort of Vilamoura is still one of my favourites & I'll definitely go back but not to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife & I stayed at this hotel for 10 days in June 2013 to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We did stay once before in 2010. This time I did notice a few differences. The Sidebar cocktail bar has been added to the marina side of the hotel, and they play music in the evening sometimes upto 11.30, we had a room on the ninth floor & even with our balcony doors closed it was quite intrusive. It did'nt spoil our stay but you should be aware of it. When we arrived we were told that we could set the airconditioning to a temperature that would suit us.It only moved from 22c once in the whole 10 days & that was only for 15mins. The airconditioning (if on in the lifts?) was asthmatic and was not on in reception or in fact any public areas that we could ascertain, and it seemed to be switched on for a short time in the corridor to our room every 3rd day. I know things are tough but this is a five star hotel, and it really is'nt good enough. The staff as usual we're friendly and on the whole efficient . The pool developed a filter problem about 7 days into our stay which caused us not to use the pool again as it always had some detritus floating near the steps. Again you would expect more from a five star hotel! None of this ruined our holiday but I feel the hotel needs to pull up its socks in a few areas. On a more positive note we had one of the best meals we've eaten at Peppers restaurant in the hotel . I would'nt stay at this hotel again as I have stayed in much better hotels for the money.My wife on the other hand loves the location .

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank watchboy
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've just stayed here for 4 days and it was wonderful. The staff are wonderful, friendly and seem to anticipate your every need!Our room wasn't ready at 2, so they gave us a complimentary drinks voucher - this is good service. All staff are polite, they all speak and make eye contact. The hotel is beautifully clean. Food is also fab - lovely breakfasts and the steak restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Ive stayed at this hotel before and in my opion it has'nt changed. The location is amazing we had a marina view on the 4th floor. 2nd 3rd & 7th floors are still unrefurbished and very dated. We waited about 20 minutes at check-in the service is very slow. Our room wasnt ready so we had lunch around the pool which was very nice. When we eventually got into the room, there was 3 of us sharing and there was a sofa bed made up however there was still just 2 of everything Housekeeping soon came with extra items though. Puro Beach is a must although pricey but theres an amazing atmosphere. Breakfast was Ok very busy at all times, dont ask the chef on the egg station for more than an omlette, he's not a very friendly guy. I would stay again only because of the location and facilities but the staff can be very unpleasant.

Room Tip: avoid the 2nd, 3rd & 7th floor rooms are dated and unrefurbished. The marina views are amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just returned from our 5th visit over several years, we always seem to come back, we have noticed many changes, some not so good but on the whole a lovely hotel in the best position, firstly no complaints about the room yes some rooms not yet refurbished but I find that even if you book with a tour operator if you email the hotel and request a refurbished room they will always reply and we have always been given one, we asked for room 319 and that is exactly where we were, excellent service. We also go half board as we love the evening buffet in Menta restaurant as just love the quality and variety, unfortunately, this year it was not opened until the last 2 days of our holiday so had to eat in Peppers the A la carte restaurant which is waiter service, for the first 5 nights, but half board guests had a separate menu, very limited with only 6 choices and 4 were fish and food very pretentious with massive steak and no vegetables just silly bits round the outside, the menu did not vary at all so ended up eating the same thing for 5 nights which was so boring, also the drinks were more expensive in this restaurant, were so glad when Menta opened. Yes it can be quite noisy at night as Puro beach club goes on very late, we just turned up the air con, which is my next gripe the air con is not adjustable it just will not go down it stays at 23 degrees which is very hot for sleeping, you were always able to turn it down. Overall will certainly go again as the good outweighs the bad, I agree with other reviews that this hotel is a good 4* but not really a 5* hotel we see many returning guests we have seen the same couple 4 times and another family twice people would not go again if it was as bad as some reviewers say, it's a safe hotel well maintained and clean, maid service twice daily public areas spotless. The bar prices are a rip off they really don't need to charge such high prices nearby bars the prices are less than half, a magnum lolly 3.30 euros a supermarket 100 yards away 1.60 euros large beer 5.50 euros nearby 2.50 euros bottle of water 6 euros 1.20 euros at the supermarket and don't even look at the mini bar. We love this hotel but completely understand the bad reviews but I will still rate as excellent, enjoy x

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple