We booked this hotel for it"s classification and landmark loctation right on the front between the beach and marina.There is clearly a lot of reviews already with mixed opions , so here is my take on it approached with an open mind and experiences during our weeks stay.
The classification is 5 star and is within the world hotel alliance so you should be expecting something good , on approach to the entrance you quickly sense this is not going to be a grand or stunning experience , sure the luggage boys were on hand but nothing special.
Once inside the reception area , it is bright,airy not stunning or anything to capture the mind but sparkling and shiney along with very helpful reception staff which processed the formalites very effiecently , the even insisted on deliering you luggage to your room !
Sadly this theme does not continue throughout with some floors refurbished whilst other not and there is no logical pattern to this . Yes we were allocated a room on the famous floor 7 at the back sea facing.
I personally have no real issues with this as it was towards the end , the room was spotless and attended to more than once a day the only real annoyance that one wall was painted blue which is hardly soothing to the eye.However,everything from a bath/shower,comfy beds and a view to die for from the balcony overlooking the hotel pool/garden and beach was all you could want.
Other than that we never touched the mini-bar or the other items laid out as they are simply extorionate and may be a few bits of furniture could have been better but overall no real complaint.
The garden area with pools,bars,childrens play area is a good touch and always seemed well maintained-beware there is some kind of night club within these grounds which thankfully was not active during our stay .
Beware if you want wi-fi , the hotels swisscom partner charges 15e a day !! if you sign up to the hotels of the world scheme - you get it for free !!
We only had breakfast during our stay which was plentiful with something for everyone with the staff very attentive and helpful with using the vast amounts of other eating places a short walk away outside , the ones inside seemed rather pricey which is expected in a place like this.
In general we had a very enjoyable week here which was relaxing with little to complain about - cannot really or truly classify this as a true 5 star more edging on 4 star plus and really needs that consistent theme throughout with just something more to take it to the mark.
Would i stay here again - maybe Didn"t really stun or stand out to make a real mark on your imagination - just a good comfortable stay not wanting for anything .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the famous Marina on one side and its own concessioned beach, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura is a reference for luxury tourism in the Algarve. A stage for large events, important meetings and the launch of new products, the congress centre of this 5-star Vilamoura hotel has a capacity for 3200 people simultaneously. The lively social and nightlife of Vilamoura attracts many local celebrities from different areas who come to enjoy the holidays and weekends of complete relaxation, where there is plenty to do such as shopping, a visit to the casino and golf. In the gardens of this resort in the Algarve, guests can pamper themselves at the Angsana Spa choosing from a vast range of invigorating treatments in the best oriental tradition and enjoy delicious delicacies in the hotel's restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve