This is a hotel conveniently situated close to the marina, where there are countless restaurants and bars to while away the evenings. Vilamoura is surrounded by 5 golf courses and the resort is very geared towards that trade. Although there is a beach, if you have kids, you are probably better off trying any of the other resorts along the Algarve.
1. The room was bigger than average in a simple (nautical) style.
2. The breakfast selection/quality was first class.
3. There was entertainment on in the bar area each evening (the acts were, however, pretty poor.....)
4. Location was great - adjacent to the marina and only 20 minutes from Faro airport.
5. There are many eat/drinks places within easy walking distance.
1. Although modernised, the hotel is getting a little old and it shows in some of the fixtures and fittings.
2. Unless you are into golf, you need to hire a car, so that you can tour around during the day.
3. Because it considers itself an 'up market' resort, the prices of food and drink were higher than many other resorts on the Algarve.
All-in-all, we were happy with our stay and would probably use it again. However, I'm sure there are better hotels round about (the sister hotel - Vila Gale Ampalius, for example, which is far newer, is only 200 yards away).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located directly in the tourist centre of Vilamoura a mere 200 m from the beach and 50 m from the marina. It is right near all the shops, restaurants, bars and transportations in Vilamoura. The nearest airport is in Faro only 25 km away. The hotel was built in 1995 and renovated in 2002. It has a total of 243 rooms from which 44 standard rooms with ocean view and 14 suites suitable for families. The facilities are air-conditioned and include a lobby with a 24-hour reception, lifts, a coffee shop, a newspaper stand, a bar, a buffet or a la carte restaurant with a separate non-smoking area (children's highchairs available on request), a conference rooms, free Wi-Fi internet access in public areas, car park. For an additional cost guests may use the hotel safe, the laundry services and the garage. The rooms are attractive and decorated in a maritime style. They are equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, safe, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. The hotel features an outdoor swimming pool with a pool bar, sun loungers and parasols. Guests may also enjoy the Health Club equipped with an indoor swimming pool, a Jacuzzi, a steam room, a Gym and 2 tennis courts (part of a neighbouring hotel and available for an additional fee). There are deck chairs and parasols available on the sandy beach and an entertainment programme rounds off the hotel's offerings. A fine buffet is on offer on every meal of the day. Lunch and dinner may also be taken a la carte. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vila Gale Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Marina Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Vila Gale Marina Hotel