Not long back from a nine night stay at the Dom Pedro Marina in Vilamoura with my wife and found the hotel to be spotlessly clean and the staff extremely friendly at all times during our stay.
Reading some of the reviews on here, I couldn't decide if we were booking into the London Ritz or a flea pit youth hostel such were some of the extremes in the reviews. For me though it's a decent four star hotel, with everything you'd expect from a four star hotel, albeit there's no frills attached.
The pool area is really nice and we always found a sun bed anytime we wanted, although admittedly we usually did come down not long after breakfast when we knew they'd be easy to locate. Can see where the comments are coming from though regarding the reserving of sun beds. Saw on a number of occasions sun beds being reserved in the 'prime' locations around 9.30 or 10.00am and the people disappearing and not returning until mid afternoon. Think the management could do more to control that personally, even just a sign saying beds being left for 30mins or more unused will have the towels removed.
Can't believe some of the comments on here regarding the breakfasts. We've stayed in at least six different hotels in various resorts in the Algarve and breakfast choice at the DPM easily exceeds any previous stays. On each day, there were at least five choices of cereals, five or six choices of fresh (and tinned?) fruits, four juice choices, a wide and varying selection of cooked items with at least two different types of eggs each day, a selection of cold meats and cheeses and a selection of breads, pastries and cakes. That's more than enough for me!!
We had a six floor balcony room overlooking the marina with a view which took in the adjacent Tivoli hotel, the marina and the sea in the distance and also provided us with cracking views of the sun setting each night.
My one slight gripe about the hotel room, and it's a fairly common one at that from a number of hotels we've stayed in, in the Algarve, are the beds aren't the best.
We didn't have any issues ourselves regarding the noise coming from the nearby nightclubs until the night before we we due to fly home. There was a nightclub the FAR side of the marina around the main marina office building which was so extremely loud at 4.20am it was preventing us from sleeping. We opened our balcony doors to hear exactly loud it was and couldn't believe what we were hearing...it was as if our neighbours were blasting out Ministry Of Sound CD's at full volume...unreal!!
Obviously this is out of DPM's control, but you'd think something could be done from a local government point of view.
Anyway to sum up, decent hotel, decent food, spotlessly clean with extremely friendly and helpful staff throughout.
...and they make a mighty fine Mojito!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Atlantic Ocean, Dom Pedro Marina is only a short stroll away from the cosmopolitan Vilamoura Marina, affording a variety of bars, nightlife, restaurants and shops. An informal and familiar ambiance is provided at the hotel, with private gardens overlooking the swimming pools. Guests can also enjoy the hotel jacuzzi. A beach bar and sunlounger area are exclusively dedicated to Dom Pedro guests, available seasonally on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dom Pedro Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Marina Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Hotel Dom Pedro Marina