Ok, I'm no president, but we did get to stay in the Presidential Suite! (M615). This is by sheer chance, as it was a RCI (timeshare) exchange.
The suite is massive, with a huge lounge with flat screen TV, huge sun balcony with private hot tub, facing the sea with wonderful sea and marina views, albeit spoilt a bit by the large VilaGale hotel in front. There is actually only 1 bedroom, with a 4-poster bed, large en-suite with double wash hand basins, and another separate washroom, wc, shower. The en-suite shower is odd, as the window is curtain-less, which seems to lack privacy when it is dark outside and lit inside.
The hotel itself is centrally located, has limited parking, and friendly staff. It is getting a bit old, some fittings are showing their age. Kitchenette is tiny, but has a microwave, fridge and kettle. Wifi is chargeable at €2.50 for 6 hours, the room safe is also chargeable, which is disappointing.
Overall a nice hotel, great if you can get a suite with a great view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Atlantic Ocean, Dom Pedro Marina is only a short stroll away from the cosmopolitan Vilamoura Marina, affording a variety of bars, nightlife, restaurants and shops. An informal and familiar ambiance is provided at the hotel, with private gardens overlooking the swimming pools. Guests can also enjoy the hotel jacuzzi. A beach bar and sunlounger area are exclusively dedicated to Dom Pedro guests, available seasonally on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Dom Pedro Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Marina Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Hotel Dom Pedro Marina