We booked this hotel for a one night stay after wanting to get away for a few days from where we are staying.
This is the first time we have stayed in this hotel, having usually stayed in another hotel for my previous stays. We chose this hotel based on its location and also price for bed and breakfast which was 85EUR per room, which I found reasonable. The location is around 500m from the beach and the same from the marina.
The hotel has a free car park outside which I had no trouble parking in, but it was slightly lucky I found a spot as cars had started to build up in the middle of the car park lanes. The hotel offers parking in its basement for 15EUR a day should you need it.
The hotel is unassuming looking inside and out. The main reception is clean, airy and has everything you need. The lifts were pretty poor at the time of my stay, two were out of action one evening, out of 4 lifts. No big issue as I used the stairs, but we had 'nan' with us so she had to use another set of lifts further away from her room.
Pool area; clean, south facing so gets a lot of sun, up til around 5-6PM, lots of sunbeds, good bar with a healthy selection of drinks and cocktails. Bar prices are in line of a 'usual' hotel bar, 40EUR for 7 cocktails and a beer, although it does offer happy hour between 6-7PM.
Our room was very clean, the decor was a little dated but I'd take that over a dirty modern room.We had air conditioning, this took some tinkering but it was fine once it got going. The self catering appliances were pretty basic in my opinion, but I rarely stay SC so I wouldn't really feel qualified to say! We had to pay for our safe, 2.25EUR per day with a 10EUR deposit. The room includes PLENTY of storage, which I tried to feel with 2 days worth of clothes, to no avail (even with a young lady in tow). The bathroom was dated, but everything worked. The shower was hot and powerful, although I feel new shower heads would go a long way in improving the showering. The beds were ok, not the best, they came with all necessary covers.
To reiterate the self catering; our room contained two large wardrobes, two other cupboards, large sideboard, chester drawers, two sofa beds, two single beds, dining table and chairs, kitchen sink and hob combo, fridge, toaster, microwave, all crockery and cutlery.
The view from our room was very good considering where the hotel is located, we could see right through to the beach, with little in the way. I would recommend opting for a pool view room on a higher floor.
We had a good stay for the price, nothing really good, nothing really bad. A good option for a golf holiday or a few nights with family/couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Apartment hotel & golf The hotel’s excellent location at the center of Vilamoura, facing the Casino and a short distance from the Marina, makes it easy to discover Vilamoura’s main attractions: shops, nightclubs and restaurants and bars with lovely terraces. Dom Pedro Portobelo hotel provides studios with kitchenette and spacious apartments with private balconies, most of them with a sea view. With an outdoor pool for adults and a separate wading pool for children, the hotel features a bar and a restaurant that serves Portuguese gastronomy. For golf enthusiasts, there is a Golf Desk to help you to book green fees, with special rates and conditions for our guests, as well as a courtesy shuttle bus to the 5 Dom Pedro Golf Collection golf courses in Vilamoura. On Vilamoura’s beach, only 5 minutes walk from the hotel, there is an exclusive area reserved with thatched umbrellas and loungers, as well as a beach restaurant and bar: The Búzios Beach Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dom Pedro Portobelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Quarteira
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve