We have just got back from a week in Vilamoura staying at Dom Pedro Portobelo. The hotel is in a good location for the Marina, beach and casino. Most rooms have a sea view but ask for a high floor room to make the most of it. We arrived at midnight and our key card was ready for us which was very efficient. We used the lifts which were old and rickety to our 7th floor room. When we walked in our first impressions were ok. Other reviews are correct about being dated but the bathroom was disgusting. The bottom of the bath was dirty with grime, the toilet was old. The floor tiles were also dirty and made me question if the bathroom had even been mopped while we were there. The tiles on the bathroom walls were something from the 1970's and the shower curtain had mould at the top. It was also quite dark even with both lights on. The "kitchen" was a twin hob and sink with a microwave. The fridge was unsteady and rocked every time the door was opened. The TV was old. On the plus side the room was spacious and had all amenities you would need for self catering. You will need to wash what you use or you will be charged 20 euro's if you dont. The pool area is this hotel's strength. It is spacious with plenty of beds. Quiet apart from the road that runs along side the hotel. The pool is spotless and has a consistent depth so not suitable for diving. We went to the restaurant once and it was reasonably priced but with just 1 waiter it took over 2 hours to eat a starter and main. This is our 3rd time to vilamoura in just over a year and have stayed at Vila Gale Ampalius and Tivoli Marina which were both far superior to this hotel. If you want service with a smile, a clean room and a bit of quality I would recommend elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dom Pedro Portobelo offers a privileged location in the heart of Vilamoura, facing the casino and only a short walk from the International Yacht Marina and the Atlantic Ocean. Dom Pedro Portobelo is the ideal location to enjoy a family holiday in Vilamoura at its finest. A recent refurbishment has been completed ensuring high standards of hospitality, warmth and friendliness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Dom Pedro Portobelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Quarteira
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve