“Cataplana is moving!”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Went to eat at Cataplana when we arrived in Vilamoura as we usually do, only to find it had disappeared! Thankfully bumped into Mira a couple of days later and she told us that the building owner had sold the premises - they rented. She said they were hoping to reopen in a couple of months opposite O Colombo.

Roll on May so we can hopefully visit the 'new' Cataplana. Good luck to Mira and her team!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I came here with my girlfriend as we were really tired and hungry and we weren't expecting much. How wrong we were. We arrived to such a lovely welcome from Mira. She even adopted me as her son. We were seated very quickly, despite the busy nature. If I remember correctly, all the tables were being used. We got a nice bottle of Rose and just went for mains. We both got Cataplana as Mira recommended this for us. Fortunately, the food arrived quickly and it was divine. I can safely say that my taste buds were having phenomenal sensations. It was the best Cataplana we have ever had. Mira made it a lovely experience for us both!!
After paying the bill, we were shocked at how reasonable the bill was. Our regret was that we didn't get a starter.
For any credible diners, this place is a memorable experience and one which I will highly recommend. Thank you Mira for a lovely experience.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from yet another holiday in Vilamoura, and always have our first meal at Cataplana and always lives up to our expectations, in fact we visited four times in
2 wks this time, and every meal was cooked to perfection. Mira and staff are so welcoming and friendly it makes the night. Why this restaurant isn't in Trip Advisors top 5 beats me!
Thank you for being part of our holiday.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have been to Cataplana many times in the last few months and enjoyed good food and service. Last night we took a group and food and service good but an after dinner port on the house would have made our evening so much better. People really appreciate this and I was hoping that it would come as it does in other similar restaurants.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had Portuguese Swordfish and it was delicious! Really the best meal we have had this holiday. Met the famous Maria and she is indeed lovely. The lights went out three times which made everyone cheer :-) great friendly atmosphere.