“Really enjoyed!”

Restaurante Cataplana
Ranked #63 of 187 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, England, United Kingdom
“Really enjoyed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have recently travelled to the Algarve and I made sure my family and I dined at this restaurant. The food was amazing and the staff were very friendly. The kids even got this specially made lemon and strawberry ice cream. I would recommend the dish cataplana. I am not a fan of fish, but after trying it I was very impressed. The prawns were also beautifully cooked. I was honestly feeling a bit apprehensive after reading Margofon's comment bellow, however, I would rate my dining experience 5 star. As many comments bellow, I agree that this is one restaurant that tourists should make sure they visit! Thank you Cataplana, I really enjoyed my experience and hope to one day return :)

West Lancashire
“Simply the Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I have just had another holiday in Vilamoura and as always our first meal has to be at the Cataplana, to us this is the best restaurant and value for money in Vilamoura.
If you are wanting your evening meal cooked to perfection it has to be at the Cataplana, we have never been disappointed. Mira and staff are always welcoming and nothing is too much trouble.
It is always a thoroughly enjoyable meal and experience. Thank you!.

1 Thank Myra H
Vilamoura, Portugal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

i have a business in the Algarve, i send many people to various restauarants ..Cataplana always gets rave reviews... great food and friendly service... definitely one of the must visits in Vilamoura...

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank IrishG0lfer
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Simply The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The wonderful restaurant.I went to this restaurant last week,i ask sole and my husband order a steak with sauce and all was divine.The service was 5 stars,the waitress always with a smile,the restaurant was full,normally all restaurant when they are full, the service is slow but not this restaurant was perfect.
I really like this restaurant and i will be back...
I will see you soon Restaurante Cataplana

1 Thank Andy W
Dublin, Ireland
“Food & service terrible (Do not go to this restaurant!!!!)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Ordered a glass of wine. There were pieces of cork floating in the glass of wine. I asked for this wine to be changed. The waitress did not look impressed but changed it either way. The starters arrived. Tomatoe soup & prawn cocktail. The soup tasted like plastic. The Prawn cocktail was average (hard to get wrong) There was no effort made on the presentation on both of the courses. The mains arrived. A lasagne and a steak & chips. The lasagne arrived burned on top with no side salad or fries. The steak looked pale and unappetising. This as served with McDonald's (looking) fries and some cold tasteless carrots. I removed the burned top layer of the lagagsne and showed it to the waitress. She said that she would tell the chef and walked off. When the bill arrive asked for a discount because the food was burned. The waitress argued with me in front of the customers in the restaurant. She was really rude and and unhelpful. There was zero customer service. This restaurant is only interested in overcharging for really bad food. Going to this restaurant was a truly terrible experience that I never wish to repeat.