“LOVERLY FOOD............BUT!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa do Largo

Casa do Largo
Ranked #120 of 186 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A fantastic menu with an excellent International Wine List is a "must visit" restaurant if you are in Vilamoura
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“LOVERLY FOOD............BUT!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

If I had read the reviews before we visited Casa do Largo, we would have given the place a miss. But we did eat there on 3 separate occasions.
All three times the food at lunch time was excellent. Plus the wine was probably the best I drank all holiday.
Now comes the painful part.
Nothing wrong with the first day we ate there and we looked forward to returning after having some decent service and great food.
The second time we sat down for lunch was a different matter. Again the food was great but the service can only be described as shambolic. The short haired Scottish lady served us who we thought must only be helping out for the day as she did not look as though she had a clue what to do or how to treat her customers. Rude and uninterested.
We were not going to eat there again if she was around, but how unlucky we were. We sat down and had lunch for the third time because we were convinced she was not around after seeing the charming young Scottish waitress serving.
OH NO I said to my wife as we were subjected to this women again. She appeared from nowhere to serve us. Glasses held under her arm, Dinner plates stacked on top of each other being served up to the table, all because two trips to the kitchen where out of the question. Menus thrown on the floor by where they were supposed to be stacked. If this person has anything to do with the business please move her 'upstairs' as she is damaging the well being and reputation of the restaurant.
Pick your days to eat carefully.....................

• Finnish first
“Thoroughly enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went expecting a tapas restaurant and were disappointed to find an english cuisine restaurant but as we were there decided to give it a go. The outside area was lovely and a pleasure to dine in (despite being pestered for a few local cats.) All the adults decided to eat from the special deal which was €10 for a meal and a large wine or beer. The food and wine were both nice and my daughters children's meal was huge and she seemed to enjoy it. I also had a cocktail which was delicious! Two staff served us, one was a little abrupt and seemed a bit disinterested in us where as the other, although we could see was rushed off his feet was pleasant.
Overall a thoroughly enjoyed evening in lovely surroundings and for €90 for 5 adult mains, two childrens meals, soft drinks and 7 wines, one cocktail, two coffees and two desserts I think was good value for money!

1 Thank BethFitzDoyle
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Rude and Ignorant Waitress”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Saw Casa Do Largo as we were walking round the Old Village and were so knocked out by it's setting that we booked a meal. The drinks, food and wine were all OK but the whole experience was spoiled by the blond Scottish waitress. I have never seen such a rude and ignorant person working in a restaurant. She said just two words to us all evening...."Starters" and "Mains". She did not ask us if we wanted wines...we had to call her back. There was no rose wine on the menu so I ordered white for my wife. As the waitress was writing this down my wife asked her if they has rose wine. She looked down at my wife for several seconds, then turned and walked away. We were so surprised we had to laugh. The male waiter was different again so they do know how to treat customers. The only place we ate all fortnight where we did not leave a tip. We will not return. Sorry Casa Do Largo.....you know who to blame !!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Heyref51
“Good food but service died off later in the evening”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Excellent setting. The food was good with plenty of choice. The real down point was that the service deteriorated as the evening went on, with several people bringing goods to the table and having to be asked twice for stuff that was ordered

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“10 out of 10 - BEAUTIFUL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I first visited Casa do Largo, Old Town, Vilamoura for a romantic meal in July 2012 and have since been back 3 times! The food is out of this world with a huge variety to pick from (I recommend the steak!)
The staff - well - what can I say - they all bend over backwards to make sure you are happy with your table, food and drink! They couldnt have been any nicer! They are polite and always delivery with a smile!
I have visited Casa do Largo numerous times now, with friends and even back with the family and on every occasion have experienced all the above!
I recommend this restaurant so highly - I even had my wedding there this year (September 2013)
Definately a 10/10!