Just back from a week at the Crown Plaza, warmly welcomed on arrival and quickly taken to our room.
Very nice room and loved the quirky glass walls in the shower. View from the balcony was fabulous, however only one seat (had to take it in turns to sit down).
We were Bed & Breakfast and would say that it was excellent with plenty of choice, found the staff to be pleasant and helpful (a few attempted words of Portuguese made all the difference).
As all before have mentioned the Sunbeds at the pool are a bit of a nuisance, but the Management have a system of removing towels, which the boys at the pool try to manage to the best of their ability. This was alleviated towards the end of the week when 100 new beds were laid out on the grassed area beside the "Fat Boys" which allowed more people to make use of that area.
One point that may sound a bit off, we have stayed in a number of 5 star hotels in different countries and it was obvious that this Hotel does not have a dress code.
Generally where we have stayed, adults passing through the bar / reception areas from the pool covered up. Not here however as large, overweight, oiled bodies could regularly be found passing through these areas and even standing at the bar drinking.
This does not promote a feeling of a top class hotel, more a cheap package holiday venue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totally renovated, the Hotel offers 327 spacious rooms and suites, all with private balcony, individual air conditioning, wireless high speed internet, TV, Nespresso coffee machine and in room safe. Other facilities include a dedicated Golf Reception desk, an outdoor Putting Green and a Multi-sports area. The Almond Tree Wellness Spa includes treatment rooms, Hamman and dry Sauna, a modern Fitness Center, indoor heated pool and extra large whirlpool. Also available is an outdoor pool with apx. 1000 m2 and a large sundeck, with full view over the Vilamoura beach. Local and International gastronomy is available in the Restaurant Cataplana with daily buffet, a la carte options as well as dinner Al Fresco in the Patio. The Caravela Bar & Lounge by the pool area is the perfect choice for enjoying a drink or having a light snack. For Meetings & Congresses the Hotel offers 1488 m2 of meeting space, all on same Floor, equipped with modern technology and benefiting of natural sunlight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Hotel Vilamoura
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Portugal