2,758 results
All reviewspirate shipside sea viewglass bathroompool areastar hotellovely hoteljunior suitetea and coffeehalf boardplenty of choiceper dayshort walk to the marinabreakfast and dinnersun loungerssteam roomnespresso machinepool towels
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The hotel has fairly recently been refurbished. The hotel offers excellent accommodation. The rooms are well sized and appointed. They are kept very clean and are a credit to the staff who look after them. The only downside in the room was the lack of British TV channels. I got sick of watching Sky news.
All the staff were very helpful and could not do enough for the people who are staying in the hotel.
The spa area is excellent and good value. Ten euros a day. Considering the facilities it is money well spent. That's all the good points.
The downside is the food. It is anything cheap. Some of it is inedible. There must be a lack of potatoes in Portugal as one evening we had what I can only describe as a bag of crisps heated up. When I enquired what they were I was told they were prepared on site. This was rubbish . They were Kettle crisps or the like heated. Another night we had soggy chips. The food was that bad one night I refused to eat it and walked out. Even the fried eggs were like rubber on the last morning.
If you want an excellent hotel with great staff and facilities and are not too bothered about what you eat this is the hotel for you. I forgot to mention the dining room and food were often cold. Not impressed.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Martin P
MP_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear MartinP,
I am glad to read that apart from the food issues that you have mentioned you really enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Regarding the TV Channels let me tell you that we are currently negotiating to have more and new TV channels.
Our guests comments are taking very seriously and we are aware that there is still room for improvements. Please do rests assure that we will make every effort to constantly improve our services and standards.
Looking forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here for Valentines Night and booked a Deluxe room. Check in was quick and efficient and we found our room on the 5th floor. The corridors are very soothing with the room numbers noted on the carpet outside each room. The entry system is high tech, whereby swiping the room card opens the door. Well usually, but later in the day the key ceased to work due to apparently it having been near to my smartphone. A trip back to reception quickly encoded the card again so no real problem. The room was very clean, modern and comfortable. There is a Nespresso machine, but no pods or explanation where they could be obtained. It had a minibar which was empty, apparently packages ranging up to €50 could be bought. A room safe, iron, ironing board and wall mounted flat screen tv were also provided. The beds were very comfortable, the pillows were nice and the linen of good quality.

The bathroom was beautiful, with a huge bath, over bath shower, wash basin and partitioned off wc and bidet. Bathrobes and slippers were provided. The towels were disappointing being quite small and not really bath size. On trying to use the bath, the stopper stubbornly refused to stay down but a maintenance man came to attend to this after a call to reception. Another disappointment was the toiletries. Soap dispensers are provided, and also some small bottles of shampoo, body lotion. However there is only one of each which when the room is occupied by two people is a little mean.

The balcony had a view over the sea and the nearby casino, but was only provided with one chair so you could enjoy the view by turns!

We had come in from a wet golf course and quickly used the bath towels. As I left the hotel to go for dinner I asked if there was a turn down service when new towels might be provided for the morning. No they did not do this, but they were happy to provide fresh towels. These were there on our return, but also so were the wet ones we used earlier which I thought was a bit bizarre.

Sleep quality was good and the hotel was very quiet. This could not be said of the street outside which even on a cold February night was frequently used by very loud and shouting passers by. Not the fault of the hotel at all but an irritation.

Breakfast was buffet style and we were quickly shown to a table and provided with coffee. The room is large and pleasant but the buffet is laid out on several round tables in the middle and the result is was a bit chaotic with people at all angles. The food was fine, although I would have preferred small packs of butter, jam and honey rather than the butter pats, jam dish and runny honey jug that they provided.

Checkout was fine, and although nothing major was wrong I feel the above small things let the hotel down. That having been said I would still recommend this hotel as overall it was very nice.

Room Tip: Superior rooms (basic) overlook Quarteira and have a side view of the sea. DeLuxe looks over the casino and sea. Only suites have full on sea views. Probably good to be on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SandraS14240

Dear Sandra S,
I am glad to read that apart from the small things you would still recommend this hotel as overall it was very nice.
We are conscious that there is still much work to do in order to achieve higher standards and do rests assure that we will keep on working hard in order to achieve it.
May we have another opportunity to welcome you at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura and show you the improvements done.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a great stay, one week in a exelent hotel with great view, large rooms, duplex just a dream. Choose a hight floor facing Vilamoura or front sea view.Reception very helpfull and nice.

Francois et Louise

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 4niko

Dear Francois et Louise,
I would like to thank you for taking your time and gives us such kind feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
Looking forward to welcome you again at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2014

After having had a nightmare at our previous hotel two weeks ago in Tenerife this hotel was just wonderful. Let me start with the few little negatives and get them out of the way. My girlfriend found the toilet paper to be a little too hard. (I have to agree with her on that one) and in this day and age just about every man and his dog has an iPhone, my 5s did not connect to the WiFi in our room but my girlfriend's iPhone 5 did (just about) in one specific spot in the room. My MacBook Air did however connect with no problems what so ever and had very strong signal. The room could do with a mirror at the dressing table. (I don't wear make up but my girlfriend found it a bit of a problem) Complaints over.

The Portuguese people are the friendliest and most polite people ever and this is all to evident with the hotel staff, they are all really genuinely well mannered, friendly and ever so helpful. I'd like to single out Miguel who works at the front desk (his parents lived in Angola) he is the politest most helpful person I have ever dealt with at a hotel front desk and is a real asset to this hotel.
The hotel is well maintained and there was nothing I noticed that needed fixing or repairing, the whole hotel is clean and smells clean.
The bathrooms are actually shower rooms but are brilliant and once again nothing to complain about there.
The balcony is one of the best sun traps in the morning that anyone could ever wish for and you have just enough of a view over the Atlantic.
In short, I'd return to this hotel in a heart beat and I've told everyone who has asked about my trip to Portugal to go and experience Portugal and to book in to the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Jo M
MP_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Jo M,
We would like to thank you for taking your time and posting such enthusiastic review about our hotel, services and team.
Such comments will certainly helps in continuing the good work.
Looking forward to welcome you back again at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed here last august for a week with our 3 year old. Being the first time to vilamoura I was slightly worried after reading a lot of this hotel reviews.
We shouldn't have worried at all, it is a fab hotel, very clean, modern and staff were friendly.
We didn't have any issue getting a lazy boy beanbag any day and didn't have to be up at a ridiculous time to get one. We spent most of the week by the kids pool obviously and this is a great little area for kids, shallow pool with a fountain and a big pirate ship for older kids.
Rooms are good size and have the most comfiest beds ever.

Vilamoura itself is beautiful, 10 minutes walk to the marina and lots of really nice restaurants and bars to choose from. Miles of sandy beach. Funfair at the end of the marina for kids and a train running around the resort which is a great way of seeing it all.

Hotel is great, the only slight downside is there is not much entertainment in the hotel, a couple of nights there was something on but think they could put on a bit more!! And we had requested a low floor which we didn't get.

We went half board but I wouldn't recommend it, there are far too many restaurants to choose from.
Booked again to go back this April.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Debby S

Dear Debby,
We would like to thank you for the preference you showed on choosing the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura for your next visit in Vilamoura and for taking the time to post your review regarding your stay last August.
We do look forward to welcome you in April at our hotel.
Kind Regards,