Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve
Vila Gale Marina(Vilamoura)
Luna Olympus(Vilamoura)
Nosso Paraiso(Quarteira)
2,597 results
All reviewspirate shipglass bathroomside sea viewpool areastar hotellovely hoteljunior suitetea and coffeehalf boardplenty of choiceper dayshort walk to the marinasun loungersbreakfast and dinnersteam roompay eurosnespresso machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I have been to Vilamoura on numerous occasions but never stayed at this hotel before and this will not be the last time.
All the staff were exremely polite and nothing seemed too much trouble.
I was glad that we chose halfboard as there was so much selection for our evening meal from the buffet that It was difficult to decide what to eat.I can always find fault like why provide a kettle in room but no cups or tea,coffee etc.Why only 1 chair on the balcony in a double room.
But these were only minor issues that did not spoil a most enjoyable stay.Yes I think we'll be back next time we are in Vilamoura which hopefully will be later this year.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
MP_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Mike,
I am glad to read that this was your first time with us but will not be the last time.
Also happy to read that your stay exceed our expectations apart from the minor issues.
Looking forward to welcome you later this year at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a recently refurbished hotel that has been carried out to a high standard. However that's about it. There are not enough loungers around the pool and there are not sufficient mattresses for the loungers they do have. There are no toiletries supplied in the room only soap in containers. They supply complimentary tea bags and coffee but no milk and if you want milk you have to contact room service and pay for the milk. If you have a room with a bath and a shower you have to be about seven feet tall to turn on the water supplies. The queue for breakfast can take up to fifteen minutes or more before you are seated, and don't expect to be offered tea or coffee on most mornings you have to ask for it,also if you want your table cleared of used plates etc so you have room once again you have to ask. If you require a towel for the pool area you will have to leave a deposit of forty euros for each towel.This is a five star hotel with two star service.

Room Tip: All Rooms Good
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Thomas,
I would like to clarify the following:
- The soap dispenser is a Crowne Plaza standard;
- There are 140 loungers with mattresses available and 400 beanbags around the pool area.
- and it is normal to have 15 minutes queus for breakfast due to the hotel high occupancy.
May we have another opportunity to welcome you at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.
Generla Manager

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I booked a five night stay here and under their Best Price Guarantee, if you can find it cheaper on another site then they give you the first night free and adjust the rate of the remaining nights to the cheaper rate. I provided 100% proof of this and they refused to honour it. There was absolutely no mistake, I provided screen shots of the other site compared to theirs. It was exactly the same deal on booking.com but way cheaper. They flatly refused to honour the guarantee. A TOTAL RIP OFF. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank traveladdict73
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear traveladdict73,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Just got back from a 3 night stay ,this hotel is spotless and in a great position, very modern and in a great position,

Just a few issues.
Coffee maker but no cups or coffee in room?
Breakfast was a disappointment.
Every morning I would go outside with my coffee but told on the last day I am not supposed to leave the dining room with my drink , which I completely ignored , I do not stay in a 5 star and get told where I can drink my coffee!!

We stayed in a Junior Suite - it was nice but I have stayed in better for the money but the bed though was extremely comfy and the view was excellent.

Food and drink bought in the hotel was overpriced and check your bill when leaving we were overcharged for drinks and did not get the 10% discount , took them over half hour to sort out .

Overall I would go to this hotel again but the pricing would have to be right.

Need to build on there customer service with some of the waitresses they looked like they had swallowed a wasp

Shouldn't charge for the Spa in a five star hotel

Room Tip: Juniior suite , sea view , but make sure you don't over pay
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abbyabby13
MP_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Abby,
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.
Also would like to clarify the following:
The coffee and cups are available as per request;
And hopefully you had been recharged of the 10% discount as there must have been a mistake.
May we have another opportunity to welcome you at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel itself is very nice and spotlessly clean and the pool area is excellent [but I would not like to be here during school holidays]. The room was spacious and the bathroom excellent.
Sadly what previous posters have said is true.Why is there a kettle in each room and no tea,coffee sugar etc. Why is there only one chair on each balcony? --more annoying than anything.else,but my main complaint is with the unbelievably slow service--even when the hotel was empty. Getting a drink round the pool was practically impossible even though there were plenty of waiters hanging around the indoor bar.Even asking for them to raise the parasol around the pool took half an hour. As for ordering food dont waste your time particularly if you want something hot. That said the weather was lovely during our stay-cant ask for more.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear 8DavidC8,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is great to know that you found our overall ambiance to be pleasing. However, allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced with the staff's shortcomings. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Pam G.