“Nice hotel. very clean and tidy. good location”

Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were a party of six. This hotel is well located to the East of the marina, next door to the casino and Dom Pedro Golf Hotel. The rooms are well kept, nice and clean and tidy. There is free wifi in reception.
breakfast is very good, a decent choice.
We did not eat dinner in the hotel, rather at the large choice of excellent restaurants within a few hundred yards.
There was a convention on, but that was not a bother to us.
The free gym was ok, a choice of about seven 'Technogym' machines plus free weights and six or so other weight machines. There is a Spa, with a 'pool and sauna etc, but that's an extra 15E. Why? I have no idea - We think the 'pool there was meant to be heated but it wasn't when we were there. That's about the only moan, which is pretty minor.
The staff were excellent.
I would think this gets busy in the summer, as does VM - frankly the place is completely different.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank GillAndySmitty
MP_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Gill,

I would like to thank you for taking your time and gives us your feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed the hotel facilities.

Looking forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

this is one of the more modern hotels in villamoura, i have stayed at 4 different ones and would say this is best. rooms are clean bright and have all necessary amenities.
Only issue we had was lack of loungers around pool, many people leave their towels all day, staff will move them sometimes if asked.
on our leaving day we actually seen a man trying to go to pool at half four in morning whilst still dark just to put towels down. To be fair staff told him where to go.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bmac007
MP_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very glad to read that you considered the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura one of the best hotels in Vilamoura and you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our team is looking forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel I booked and paid for a sea -facing Junior Suite and was very happy with the standard of the accommodation and the off-season price was very reasonable. The breakfast buffet was quite adequate if not the most exciting but for some quirky reason they only supply small plates. There were plenty of staff except at the weekend when there was a big influx of locals and hardly any staff int he restaurant.. The reception staff were very helpful although equally there were days when 4 or 5 desks were manned and others when there were only one or two. Like others I found there was no acknowledgement of my Priority Club membership, this doesn't really make much difference but it is usual at other hotels.

My main grouse concerned the fact that the hotel was hosting a large gathering of German Skoda dealers on a familiarization course with a new model of which there were more than 100 in the car park. They had Skoda signs in and around the the pool and a large and at times noisy marquee on the lawn beneath our room but the biggest problem was that they had insisted on taking over the entire carpark even though there would have been space for the few guests with cars. The first we learned of this was when i returned on the 3rd day with my hire car and twas told very rudely by a Skoda employee that i couldn't park in the hotel. At no time had the management informed us of this , still less apologized.
I eventually found out they provided free valet parking with the car being taken away to the Casino car park but it would have been nice to have been informed of this on arrival . This also meant a wait for the car and on one day they brought the wrong vehicle and We had to wait 15 minutes. I was also rather unhappy at my hire car being taken outside the hotel grounds

ther are also some extra costs I booked this hotel because it boasts an indoor poll but then found that it is inside the spa and there is a 10 euro per day per person charge to use it. Also on the last day as we had late flight I requested a later checkout and was told this would cost 46 Euros for a few extra hours

Overall a nice hotel but I think the management need to be more pro-active in making guests feel welcome

Room Tip: Go for a Junior suite with a full sea view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Indiophile

Dear Guest,

I am glad to read that apart from the small issues mentioned your enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.

Our guests suggestions are taking very seriously and we are aware that there is still room for improvements. Please do rests assure that we will make every effort to constantly improve our services and standards.

Hope to have another opportunity to welcome you at our hotel.

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We came to the crown plaza on 21st January for 5nights rooms lovely and clean service was excellent taxis provided by hotel to golf courses alway on time location nice 10min stroll to the marina and 3 mins to beach will use this hotel again on my next trip

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank ian_1888

Dear Ian,

Thank you so much for taking your time and gives such kind feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.

We do look forward to welcome you back again soon at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had a 'romantic break' for two days and all I can say is that the service, food and environment were excellent. I have stayed at other 5 star hotels in Vilamoura and been disappointed but the Crowne Plaza was definately up to the mark. The staff were friendly, curteous and helpful. The room (a junior suite - free upgrade with our package) was gorgeous and I must say the 'romantic break' package was superb. We will definately be back.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Allan H
MP_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am glad to read that your romantic stay fulfilled your expectations.
Thank you for such enthusiastic review.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've just returned from a 3 night stay at the Crowne Plaza and I must admit that it exceeded my expectations in every way.

Vilamoura is basically geared for golfers and being on a golfing trip this was obviously ideal, the hotel is only recently built / refurbished and is gleaming both inside and out. Public areas are large and open with good facilities such as free internet via imacs, lots of tv screens showing various live sporting events, however they are all well apart and do not feel intrusive. There is also lots of room between tables in the lounges which gives a feel of individuality.

The bedrooms in the CP are what you would expect from a quality 5* Hotel chain, comfortable beds, LCD TV, quality fixtures and fittings, and room and balcony both a good size. The bathroom is also gleaming, well equipped and has a good power shower.

As I was staying Half board I managed to sample both Breakfast & Dinner and I would say that the quality of food at dinner is probably the best that I have experienced in any "resort hotel". Breakfast I feel could have been improved with an omelette station, however there were good choices and real fruit juices as opposed to the usual machine or concentrated affairs.

The hotel also has a spa which charges 15 euros per day for use, I didn't have any use for this so cannot comment further.

Location wise, the hotel is right on the beach and only a 5 min walk to the marina or 10 min walk to neighbouring Quarteira which is an old style Portuguese fishing town.

I should also add that for any golfers out there that the Hotel runs a free courtesy bus to all the local golf courses and you just need to book in advance at reception and the bus will also collect you and bring you back at your requested time. If golfing I would recommend Vila Sol as excellent condition, fantastic quick greens and a very interesting and challenging lay out.

So, all in all, I would thoroughly recommend the Crowne Plaza for your Vilamoura stay and must finish off by saying that the staff are all extremely pleasant and helpful and also very interesting people if you get talking to them. I will certainly be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kennedy W

Dear Kennedy,
It is very rewarding to see that your stay at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura exceed your expectations.
Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review it will certainly help to motivate our team to improve the service and keep up with the good work.
I am also glad to read that you would recommend our hotel.
We do look forward to welcome you back soon.
General Manager.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

What a place to stay!! We were delighted on arrival to be told we had been upgraded from an ocean view room to a Junior Suite. What an amazing room!! Modern chrome, marble and glass throughout the bathroom and toilet, ceiling to floor glass with an electronic modesty blind when shower is in use, modern lounge furniture, spacious wardrobe. Clean lines throughout the suite and the view from the balcony is superb.
This is a resort hotel, it's large, busy (August was HOT) and filled with tourists from all over the world. Restaurants inside and out to cater to all tastes, the breakfast room was really busy but good value. Capsule coffee maker in room was great.
Staff were extremely helpfull, courteous and went to great lengths to assist me with an airline booking. Children had "taken over" all the internet places, so reception immediately came to my aid and booked flights at the desk for me. Get in early if you want a sun lounge around the pool. People are there from 0700 placing their towels over seats etc to reserve them. The Hotel supplies you with beach towel (deposit refundable), a security card to access the beach, but be aware the beach gets crowded very early as well!!!

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean View Room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Giovannivirgo255103

Dear Guest,
We do look forward to welcome you back again at our hotel.