“Friendly staff, excellent entertainment esp thurday nights”
Review of O'shea's Irish Pub

O'shea's Irish Pub
Ranked #4 of 16 Nightlife in Vilamoura
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Being going to portugal for the last 4 years and always end up in O'shea's on Thursday nights which are great, a lad named Gary plays and he is a great entertainer for all ages and fantastic singer, def worth a visit. Staff are really nice and friendly and atmosphere is lively. Can't wait for next year for next visit.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

the staff here are excellent and always make you feel so welcome, my daughter of 10 this is her favourite bar, a great few nights again in vilamoura

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I agree with the latest reviews on this pub. Though I'll add the caveat that this is early July when Vilamoura isn't quite as packed as later in the month and in August, the atmosphere was not that lively. Additionally, the crowd appeared to be more in the 35-55 range, not a bar for younger folks during the time I was here.

The bar seems to have live music pretty regularly, and it is pretty close to the Marina, which is where most of the people walk around during the evenings. So as a stop on a pub crawl it's not so shabby... One last thing, if you are looking to meet Portuguese people, this is not the best choice.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Firstly, don't get too excited about the reviews of this place. Five of us Irish ones (aged 23-27) over a for a couple of weeks just had to visit "the best bar in Portugal" as stated by so many TripAdvisor reviews. Gaelic shirts on the roof & county crest stickers on a mirror is about the only thing Irish about here. Bar staff were either locals or English. Patrons all seemed English from what I heard. Granted I didn't try the Guinness but I'm a firm believer that you can only find decent Guinness at home, I've tried it all over & have yet to be proved wrong.

Not a bad wee bar by any means, a decent pint of (ice cold) Heineken was very well received, however I wouldn't be too upset if I didn't get back there. A few decent screens where we watched the Euro 2012 final but having spoken to friends who watched it in Albufeira, I believe O'Shea's was somewhat lacking in the atmosphere department. The most accurate way to describe this bar is mediocre, not too bad but nothing special by any means.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We liked the fact that we could chill out watching a premiership football match (Chelsea vs Liverpool) whilst having a guiness :)
However, it was quite pricey - but that was to be expected as Vilamoura was such a nice resort.