We stayed here in May 2013 for one week. We arrived to driving rain and typically Irish temperatures so we were feeling a bit blue on arrival. When we got to the resort our spirits were immediately lifted. The staff were very helpful, affording us a welcome early check in. The T2 apartment overlooking the golf course was spectacular - modern, spacious and beautifully decorated. The best thing about staying there was that essentially you were getting 2 resorts for the price of one, with full access to all facilities, including breakfast, at the adjacent Tivoli Victoria Hotel which is spectacular. There are gym facilities etc at both resorts which are basic but fine.There is an indoor pool at the residences and the spa at the Tivoli is probably the most relaxing place I've ever been in - it's free of charge too. Breakfast was lovely as were the pool snacks etc.
One slight drawback was the €15 per day charge for wifi in your room but this wasn't a major issue as wifi was free in the lobby of both resorts. I would recommend renting a car if you're staying here but the hotel run regular shuttles to Vilamoura. Residents can avail of discounted green fees at the adjoining Victoria course (beautiful but tough!) and range balls are complimentary at any time during opening hours.
The residents lobby bar at the hotel was almost deserted but again this isn't really an issue as the trend is to eat out and sample the nightlife in Vilamoura.
In summary I couldn't recommend the resort highly enough and if you travel as two couples and stay in a T2 apartment you can have a very reasonably priced holiday in a genuine 5 star resort. Can't wait to go back. PS. the weather improved once we checked in!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the glamorous Tivoli Victoria and just 5 minutes from Vilamoura centre, "The Residences at Victoria Golf Club managed by Tivoli Hotels & Resorts", is the most recent and modern residential development in Vilamoura. With 145 two and three bedroomed apartments, it has everything you need for a great family holiday, combining the comfort of home with the exceptional service of a 5 star hotel. Perfectly integrated into the landscape and surrounded by gardens, among the many facilities offered by this development in Vilamoura in the Algarve are 3 swimming pools, a gymnasium, children's playground, 2 bars and 24 hour reception service. In addition to the development's own facilities, guests are also entitled to use the exclusive privileges and services of the Tivoli Victoria and Tivoli Marina Vilamoura. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Residences at Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residences At Victoria Clube De Golfe Hotel Vilamoura
- The Residences At Victoria Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve