The Residences at Victoria
$412
$332
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgolf coursethree bedroom apartmentindoor poolshuttle busunderground parkingself cateringhotel facilitiestivoli hotelsdaily cleaninggreat apartmentsdishwasher tabletsexcellent apartmentthese apartmentsthe main hotelcleaned every daytivoli marinaexcellent stay
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Stayed here in October 2011 during the Portugese Open golf tournament. The apartment we booked was exceptional and very spacious and spotless. We also had a great sunny balcony which was perfect for sundowners. The pool area is large with plenty of sunbeds and parasols and free towels which you can collect from reception.

I enjoyed it that much I am going back in 2012.

Room Tip: Try and book a corner apartment with a south facing balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I have just got back from a week's holiday from 21st - 28th Sept with my family staying in a 3 bed appartment. It was absolutely fantastic. The appartment was beautiful and fully equipped with everything to make you feel at home.
The pool was quiet and there were hardly any children as we went in term time. Very often we were the only people around the pool. I didnt' leave the grounds because I was so happy by the pool!!
The only downside is there isn't much to do immediately in the vicinity (if you are interested in stuff to do and don't want to slob around like me and do nothing) and the shop is an hour's walk away. A taxi into town normally cost approx 8 euros so finding some more action isn't a problem.
The weather was great, the appartment was great, the staff are briliiant! I totally 100% recommend the Residences to anyone wanting a nice quiet relaxing holiday.
I would definitely go back there!

Room Tip: We had a higher floor but I dont' like ground floor appartments anyway! We were in block D which got the sun in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Susan B
Reviewed September 14, 2011

My family and spent a week in a 2 bedroom apartment at the end of August and had a great holiday.
Positives:
- The property is excellent. The finish on the whole resort is faultless. The apartments are beautifully spec'd out with high end appliances. The housekeeping staff kept our apartment spotless and well stocked with clean towels, bedding etc. They are very spacious and perfect for comfortable family living. All the bedrooms have TVs . We had a great location - on the ground floor facing the golf course, which meant we had extra garden space beyond our patio. Can't remember what block, but if you are interested I will find out. It was also a great spot for access to the pool, our kids are only 7 and 9 and we could keep close tabs on them.
- Fantastic for families. The apartments afford great family space. There is a gym, kids club and access to the Tivoli facilities too. It makes your stay very flexible. We found the Kids Club at the Residences good, but small, and the facility at the hotel, just across the road is much bigger and better equipped. If you chose to eat at the buffet in the hotel, kids under 12 eat free. The indoor pool was great for the kids as it is shallow, lots in there gaining their water confidence. There is also a small playground for the kids, which is close to the pool, so easy to keep an eye on them from your sunlounger.
- You can use the hotel facilities. Great spa and pool area - quite impressive. All the pools are cold but the kids don't mind! Decent enough food. We enjoyed dining outside and watching all the kids playing in the gardens, just feet away.
- Tennis and golf. Great facilities. If you want to take the kids to the range don't forget collars and appropriate footwear!
- The shuttle to Vilamoura. Free and fairly regular.
- Staff were polite and useful.
- Great security. Gated entry and metal shutters on all rooms , if you want extra darkness or added security.
Points to consider:
- You are quite isolated. There aren't any walk to shops for basics, if you want to self- cater. Unless the opt for the welcome pack, you literally have nothing when you arrive. We got a transfer via the Residences and our driver took us to the Supermarket en- route to resort. We stocked up on water, washing up liquid, tea, coffee etc and it set us up for the week.
- No entertainment.
- There are lots of young families. So be prepared for lots inflatables and kids in the pools.
Would I go back? Yes, under the right circumstances, but might try the Tivoli Marina next time. Only because I got a bit bored when the hubby was playing golf and at least I could walk out to the beach and some shops!

- The

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor, facing the golf course. Also, get your transfer driver to take you to the supermarket.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank isodinky
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We booked a week at The Residences for August via lastminute.com. I have been to Vilamoura many times although this is my first time at these apartments. The apartments are are the rear of the resort, next to the Tivoli Victoria Hotel. The Residences are managed and operated by Tivoli and guests at The Residences can use all the facilities at the Tivoli Victoria and The Tivoli Marina in Vilamoura itself. The apartments are very high quality, with all the mod cons and are nicely furnished and well maintained. Secure access by keycard is in operation, so The Residences are secure; additionally there is security on sight but not obtrusive. Small reception with pleasant staff. Our own booking for a three room apartment was processed as a two bedroom booking, but apart from this hiccup we couldnt complain. Pool area was excellent and the kids loved both the indoor and outdoor pool. The only minor niggle was the limited bar staff at peak times; but this was a minor gripe. Maids / cleaners are excellent and keep standards high. A car is a must in my opinion, but their is a shuttle bus to the Tivoli Marina if you want the beach. We didnt use this so couldnt comment.

Room Tip: Phone ahead to check your booking and get a golf course view (if possible)
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank The4Hendersons
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Spent a week here with my husband and two small children in early May and would highly recommend this apartment complex to anyone looking for 5 star accommodation and facilities along with space of your own and good proximity to a resort and Faro Airport. From start to finish, the staff, services and amenities at the Residences were excellent in every way. Located 4km from Vilamoura Marina, the taxi ride is less than 10 minutes and cost on average €10. The apartment itself was of an exceptionally high standard with large lounge, big screen TV, satellite, comfortable seating, large dining table, private patio, large separate kitchen, two large bedrooms, bathroom and ensuite. Showers, beds etc were all excellent. The gardens and pools were very impressive, large outdoor pool, childrens paddling pool and indoor heated pool. Also a playground. The staff and service were excellent and the bonus of access to the hotel across the road was super for a change.
All in all, I would highly recommend this for anyone looking for a true 5 star apartment with nice pools, daily cleaning and proximity to Vilamoura for restaurants etc.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family