“Overpriced food. Poor, slow service.”

Mayflower Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 200 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went for a meal here on our first night in Vilamoura. We chose the restaurant because it looked busy and the menu seemed wide ranging. As it turned out, the food was if poor quality for the price, so much so we cut short our meal to get out quicker. The service was incredibly slow and the tables were jammed together. The only half decent thing about the restaurant was the atmosphere which, as it was busy, was reasonably good.

3  Thank Spider1981
Write a ReviewReviews (1,872)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We came here on the first night of our holiday inside was lovely nice tables but food wasn't great some of it wasn't even hot,staff were pleasant though,but it gets so busy here that I don't think that they look after customers enough as they are short staffed,we ordered a second drink which didn't arrive but was on our bill,this was sorted but I would say to check your bill as I bet they make a few mistakes as they are too busy

Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband & I enjoyed our dinner in the Mayflower, my husband had fish soup to start & I had garlic bread, he had the monfish with prawns & rice & I had sea bass, we both thought the food lovely & the portions generous. We found the meal & the wine list was fairly priced. We returned a couple of days later for lunch which we also enjoyed. The staff were efficient.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We took the unusual step of booking a table at the Mayflower rather than just turn up.

We got a lovely table on the marina edge and watched the sun go down while having our meal.

The food itself was very nice and the service was nicely paced, with a reasonable gap between our courses.

The cost of the meals were very reasonable.

Most the waiting staff were very nice though our waiter seemed to be a bit miserable as if he was working there against his will.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Every time I walked by this restaurant it looked busy, people seemed happy with their food/service.

Well, was I wrong. I wasted an evening here!

For starters, food was not good. Secondly, the staff couldn't be worse even if they tried! They were nowhere to be seen between courses, they simply dropped the food and ran away. I was looking for sauce for my main, by the time I grabbed a waiter my main was basically gone. And at this time the place wasn't even busy! It was beyond me what they were doing.
There was an older man that seemed to be the manager maybe, he just turned away anytime I tried to get his attention as he was far too busy chatting to his friends at a table he was so rude!

I was not the only one who thought the service was shocking, a couple beside me were ready to pay and a lady came to them with a card machine and didn't even speak, this couple were locals and I heard them saying how rude they thought the service was.

In my opinion this is a fast food "restaurant" with a deck and some waiters who can't even serve.

4  Thank Claudyd