“average”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“average”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

had used it in previous four year,but last year had issues with meal,basically reheated but attitude of manager on the night was apalling,the food was reheated and dry,but her answer was well we are short staffed and over worked,wouldnt be to put off as it may have just been a bad night,allen.

Visited July 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Give the Old Navy a break!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Situated in an elevated position overlooking the marina and main promenade this is an excellent spot for people watching whilst enjoying a cool beverage.

We visited for a spot of lunch and found the waiter to be friendly, the service efficient and the food tasty.Whilst we only ate filled baguettes they were fresh and filling, the bill was also more than reasonable.

Compared to some of the tourist traps on the marina I say give the old navy a break.

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Rude service”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I dined here this week. I do not eat meat and the vegetarian choice was a very fattening cream on pasta or cream with potatoes and eggs (hardly appetising) I asked if I could have an alternative dish and was told I could. Well! I admit the more mature waiter that initially served us was very nice and I understand what I asked for got lost in translation. Both my friend and I have grown up in a tourist town and both have worked in hospitality and the same has happened to us on home soil. Mistakes happen bit the dealing of it is what astounded me.

We were served by a younger waited who was very moody and sullen. My starter of a soup was adequate if not a little over priced. The main (now other restaurants in the Algarve had a chef's that were both accommodating and inventive) was a bowl of pasta with a side dish of peri peri sauce, hardly an appetising meal and very cheap to make. It was flavourless, bland and did not even have any added vegetables. Needless to say I did not want to eat or pay for it. My friends over priced meal was chips, chicken legs and a side sauce a little over priced at fourteen euros.

When we explained why my food was untouched and that I did not want to pay thirteen euros for it the waiter argued

with us initially as it was our fault and we should have explained more what we wanted (we did try at the time) and that we should be clearer. There was little apologies or any attempt to take any responsibly for serving me just a bowl of plain pasta. I was also made to feel silly for not wanting their cream based meal alternatives.

Considering they are in the heart of a tourist area, are the first restaurant by the steps to the marina you would think dealing with tourists is a regular occurrence. They do not seem to care about retention due to their location.

Eventually I was not charged for my meal (they did try offering an alternative but judging the food served I did not want an alternative)

The bill was expensive for what we had, which was basically chicken and chips (nothing fancy about it and something you can get from most uk takeaways) a bowl of soup, bottle of local wine and water the bill was just over £30.

When we left we were sarcastically cheered out by the sullen waiter.

The food is not of a good quality and I do not expect to have to argue about a meal that is not up to standard. How can serving a bowl of plain pasta be seen as a meal with a little ramekin of peri peri sauce on the side? Seriously it was ridiculous.

Having worked in the catering industry I understand mistakes happen, not all goes to scratch and sometimes the customer is not happy. However the way of is dealt with is paramount and and I was made to feel unreasonable for my disappointment. We did say we were happy to leave when initially asking if they could cater for me.

The positives about the restaurant was the entertainer and location but food was over priced and staff (apart from older waiter) were not friendly and rude.

My family and their friends frequent this area on a regular basis and I will advise them to avoid this restaurant as very disappointing.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank 00SKK2013
n ireland
“Great spot”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We dined here as it looked good & we like 2 give as many places our custom whilest on holiday. The good was good but felt portions wer a little small. Staff very nice & gr8 service. The entertainment was fab. We hadnt planned on staying out but the singer Bruno was just gr8. Fab voice & gr8 entertainer. Will def be back 2 see him nxt yr.

• Visited May 2014
“Very poor”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Came here last year and was poor. Had to turn the food back. So gave it a go this year to see if it got better, no hope same over cooked stake. I Asked for blue told them not to cook it for long but came out well done. They said they would re do it but now im in a better restaurant ! Will never be back again.

1 Thank Brendan D