“First class food and service”
Review of Don Alfonso

Don Alfonso
Ranked #11 of 197 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was our first visit to Vilamoura and this restaurant. We were guided by online reviews and we were not disappointed. We had steaks from the menu and we must say that they were the best we,'ve ever had.The service was excellent. The restaurant was very modern and clean. Prices slightly more expensive, but we'll worth it. We highly recommend.

1  Thank Carol B

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Used this restaurant several times on previous visits to Vilamoura and always found it good.
I was initially dis-made to find it changed from very traditional décor to contemporary but soon found it was just as good as was the service. Went there twice in final two days of holiday and will return this year

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have been coming to this restaurant for years. We were really looking forward to a nice dinner and wanted to go to our favourite restaurant in Villamoura - however we were disappointed when our food arrived incorrectly. They did do me a new meal after explaining I wasn't happy but the new meal still was not great, but it also arrived 20mins after my partner eaten his meal! When the bill arrived, I was disappointed to see that this meal was still on the bill. I decided to politely express to the waitress that I was disappointed, to which she told me that because I eaten it I would still be charged for the meal, which I thought was poor customer service and rude as this situation could have been handled better - I don't expect to be confronted or for her to argue with me when she was fully aware of the situation. This really is a lovely restaurant so were particularly disappointed on this occasion. Being local to the area and regulars to this resta, it is a real shame.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had a lovely meal, and the house wine was great. Very good service. I'd be fine if restaurants did without music, but at least in this case it wasn't the usual awful music. Quite odd for an upscale restaurant to have several TVs on, but that might be aimed at football fans. Not sure, but it might have been the Premier League--the Brits nearby seemed to appreciate it.

1  Thank roundmidnight
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Been to Don Alfonso two years on the trot. Lovely clean restaurant, and the food is really good. I had lamb and it was beautifully cooked and well presented. Staff buzzing around we're terrific and attentive. Not sure about TV in the restaurant but maybe that is just me. We enjoy this more than any other Vilamoura restaurant and it is handy for taxis and the Marina bars. One disappointment was that last year they had a waitress who sang beautifully at the end of the evening but apparently she has left. Still highly recommended. Mike Vaudin. Guernsey

1  Thank TheJudge546